• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Soldato
What’s your loop specs? 32c under load for the 2080ti is the lowest temp I’ve seen so far - the other rigs I’ve seen mainly report temps around 40c

Associate
Where on earth is my Bykski block? It's been "at your local post office" or "at your local delivery office" for 2 days... Do I have to go and collect? I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeed it
Mine showed "Accepted by last mile carrier" then about 2 days later royal mail attempted the delivery. Had to go and collect today to be told there was a customs charge on it that had already been paid by the mystery man :eek:

Caporegime
Hey Guys, got my Radeon VII yesterday (2080Ti went pop) and really liking it so far (had a 56 Pulse + 64 Nitro short-term so knew what to expect). Hitting 2Ghz atm at 1100mv and seems pretty solid but my only issue is fan noise. Wattman doesn't seem to control it very well (and AB not at all), is their an alternative? Thanks :)

Associate
Hey Guys, got my Radeon VII yesterday (2080Ti went pop) and really liking it so far (had a 56 Pulse + 64 Nitro short-term so knew what to expect). Hitting 2Ghz atm at 1100mv and seems pretty solid but my only issue is fan noise. Wattman doesn't seem to control it very well (and AB not at all), is their an alternative? Thanks :)

Undervolting at stock clocks helps quite a bit with the noise with default fan curve.

Alternatively watercooling it is probably the best option which as seen over the last few pages is the route several of us have taken. Was gaming last night with mine at 2000 core, 1200 HBM in near silence.

Caporegime
Alternatively watercooling it is probably the best option which as seen over the last few pages is the route several of us have taken. Was gaming last night with mine at 2000 core, 1200 HBM in near silence.

Yeah I'm not WC, cba with it. Just after a reliable fan speed control! lol. Don't mind lowering the Mhz if I can find a happy balance, but thanks :)

Associate

Welcome to the club:)

Associate
I walked

I walked there, and now I have it in my hand, I had 11 quid customs to pay, but doesn't matter. I'm a happy bunny

Cool beans glad you got it in the end, I know why I didn't pay customs charge as I choose epacket for shipping as I always do for stuff from China and have never been stung by customs.

Associate
Had an email today to say now expected 24th April. EK block wont work for me because of the stupid extension piece which makes the card longer. Think I'll wait but if it gets delayed again I'll have to change and get the Bykski.
I think you can remove the end piece, i can check when i get my block next week. I had a 20% off coupon so the price got more reasonable. Initially i was waiting for a aquacomputer or watercool variant, they're usually pretty well priced and of great quality.

Soldato
1 faulty, 1 i removed the stock pad and saw worse results so sold it to someone who would put it under a block, so i need a third.

Yeah me, finally got round to putting it on today
IMAG0991.jpg

Just a FYI, the original back plate fits too

Back
Top Bottom