The Razer Phone

V_R

V_R

Soldato
OP
Well if 5k is 5120 × 2880 then....
Ignore him mate, I saw his other posts earlier before he was suspended (which have been deleted), he's just a grammar nazi/internet warrior.

Video removed unfortunately.

Just watching the keynote, its very amateur! But the phone actually looks pretty good.

Taken from Reddit:
  • Nova Launcher Prime Razer Edition (!)
  • Stock Android (Nougat, Oreo coming in Q1 '18.)
  • Snapdragon 835
  • Screen is QHD LCD. 5.7, 120HZ with tech to reduce screen tearing and lag.
  • Dolby Atmos, THX certified, dedicated amp per speaker. Dual speaker front facing.
  • 8GB Ram. Outperforms S8+. Has good thermal performance for heat.
  • Battery - 4000mah. Their benchmarks: 12.5 hours movie. 63.5 hours for music. 7 hours gaming straight. Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ - Single hour, 0-85%.
  • Camera - Dual 12MP - Updates coming for portrait mode, slow-mo, etc. 8MP front camera.
  • 64GB storage, Micro SD Card slot.
  • Fingerprint sensor in the power key. Power key is on the right side.
  • Phone dimensions: 158 x 78 x 8mm, shorter than S8+, wider and slightly thinner.
  • No headphone jack but the included adaptor has its own 24bit DAC built in.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Shame about the tiny battery especially with that display, the dual front speakers I want. Also would have worries about razor updates.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
OP
4000mah is hardly tiny!

Oreo will be coming by Q1 2018, thats still faster than most.

I'm guessing the camera will be the weak point with this, which is a bit of a shame as the rest of it is solid.

After seeing that reveal and the YT vids I'm actually half tempted by this thing!

Soldato
4000 is actually pretty huge, should still get good battery life even with that 120Hz 1440p screen. And nice to see the screen actually does have adaptive sync using Qualcomm's Qsync so it will look super buttery as well as less drain on the battery.

It actually looks like a really solid phone, if I didn't have the XZ Premium I probably would have grabbed it. But... it's Razer's first phone, going to see how it goes in both reviews and how users find it later on, especially software support wise. Don't mess this up Razer :p.

Soldato
It is when you compare it to a P2 which has 1080 screen and mid level internals, no way the razor is going to last anywhere close to a day for a heavy user.
Any phone has a tiny battery when you compare to the P2 tbh

But 4,000mah is good relative to the competition (flagship handsets)

The phone really looks quite ugly to me though. Do you guys like the look?

Man of Honour
Any phone has a tiny battery when you compare to the P2 tbh

But 4,000mah is good relative to the competition (flagship handsets)

The phone really looks quite ugly to me though. Do you guys like the look?
But it also has a 120hz screen and marketed to gamers. It should have like a 6000mah battery in it. Even at 4000mah that thing is going to drain fast while gaming with that refresh rate.

Soldato
But it also has a 120hz screen and marketed to gamers. It should have like a 6000mah battery in it. Even at 4000mah that thing is going to drain fast while gaming with that refresh rate.

No one is going to game 6hrs+ in one go. Did you notice the charging speed.

KUDOS to Razer for including QC4.

120hz appeals more to me than 4k on a phone.

Soldato

It has Qsync so it won't be running at 120Hz all the time, it's like AMD's Freesync and Nvidia's Gsync. Although no idea what the minimum hertz is.

Man of Honour
No one is going to game 6hrs+ in one go. Did you notice the charging speed.

KUDOS to Razer for including QC4.

Charging speed only matters of you have a socket to hand.
Do you not agree that people who would be interested in this phone will be very heavy users and the internals means it will chew through abttery. Its an overaight that diminishes the product.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
OP
It is when you compare it to a P2 which has 1080 screen and mid level internals, no way the razor is going to last anywhere close to a day for a heavy user.
You mean the Lenovo P2 right? 5,100mah, with a 1080p screen and mid range specs. Meh.

This.

It has Qsync so it won't be running at 120Hz all the time, it's like AMD's Freesync and Nvidia's Gsync. Although no idea what the minimum hertz is.
60Hz in the settings but the fps counter dropped lower when the screen was idle.

Soldato
Charging speed only matters of you have a socket to hand.
Do you not agree that people who would be interested in this phone will be very heavy users and the internals means it will chew through abttery. Its an overaight that diminishes the product.

A 6000mah battery would be hefty in the pocket. Let's wait for some battery tests before we fly off the rails.

Back
Top Bottom