• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Don't feed the troll chaps :p :cry: :D

https://youtu.be/HnAn5TRz_2g?t=1912

3080 v 6800xt, even with FSR that looks awful, the 6800xt still hits the low 40s. 3080 with dlss that looks as good as native is 80+ fps. DF recommends turning off rt for the 6800xt or lower resolutions.

Maybe that will stop the "dlss has motion issues" brigade but as we all know, it won't....

rpeWTo8.png

You can clearly see in the video/motion how the grass in motion is awfully blurry compared to dlss... i.e. native + default AA has awful motion issues as it is, which is further enhanced by FSR.

Like I and most others say, DLSS isn't perfect but it is a hundred times better than the native + AA options you get.

I will be honest I did not find RT or the graphics generally any special with Metro Exodus and played the enhanced edition. I probably won’t lose much sleep if it turns out I can’t even use RT on medium or low for example in this game. Not saying it is not desirable to have it, but also not a huge deal for me for this game in particular, as graphics was not exactly the strong suit of the original either. It was all about gameplay for me.

Time to go to specsavers :p Textures were very meh with metro but lighting, shadows etc. just made the game so much more enjoyable for me personally, so much that I finished it as opposed to quitting after the first mission with the normal version.

From the looks of it, you'll be grand with dlss balanced and a couple settings reduced at 4k, well, you'll still be getting a much better experience than a 6900xt gpu anyway :p

Hey there are resolution geeks out there and people who want quality...

If anything the devs here are showing what is possible even with lower resolution.
RT is so good nobody.. I mean nobody is going to be turning it off and will sacrifice resolution if quality is what they are truly after.

Amd reddit would like a word ;)

Funny thing is, you just know for a fact that when/if amd get as good as nvidia or better at RT, those same people slamming RT will be the ones praising it as the second coming :cry:

EDIT:

As someone with both 1440p and 4k displays, I'll be happily playing at 1440p dlss quality and RT cranked up for a superior visual experience ;)

Permabanned
Well, upgrading your monitors from Full HD to Ultra HD 4K has a similar effect on the quality as ray-tracing is to the classic rasterization...

The best is 100% ray-traced ultra-high quality no DLSS and at 3840x2160.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Time to go to specsavers :p Textures were very meh with metro but lighting, shadows etc. just made the game so much more enjoyable for me personally, so much that I finished it as opposed to quitting after the first mission with the normal version.

From the looks of it, you'll be grand with dlss balanced and a couple settings reduced at 4k, well, you'll still be getting a much better experience than a 6900xt gpu anyway :p
Haha. I think I just was not all that into the game overall which did not help. It certainly did not wow me graphically anywhere near what Crysis did back in the day for example. By the way I did not toggle rt on and off. Just played and competed the game with it on.

Regarding the 6900XT, LtMatt recons he will get 120fps 4K maxed out, so I should be able to do even more the :):cry:

Soldato
Rumored...

Everything in that leak came true, it was straight from Nvidia's DB. Outside of Jim Ryan whispering it to you, you're not going to get a stronger confirmation outside of when they literally announce it, which is obviously not before PS5 release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom