• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RTX 2080 pre-order thread

Soldato
So according to a number of news sources including:

https://www.neowin.net/news/nvidias...edition-but-heres-where-you-can-still-get-it/

NVidia have sold out of RTX 2808 Ti FE

I just checked popular auction sites here in Sweden and already people are reselling their pre-orders for almost 100% higher than the price they purchased it.

So it seems demand is very high for these cards...

Glad I ordered two before they sold out.
Reselling or have sold the pre order they have for 2x the price?

Associate
You need to consider it's future potential too, to be honest. There's not a big difference in price between the 1080 Ti and the 2080 and I'd be surprised if it's faster by much in current games.
Personally, Id rather get the 2080 anyway (new price vs new price). It'll probably even hold its value better.

I mean 2080 ti as it cost more, but get a lot more of an increase. As for the 1080ti is a deal going about with FTW3 an a PSU which sort of makes the 1080ti about £550. I still chose 2080 as I believe it will have better future value as well due to DLSS an a slight power wattage decrease.

Soldato
That is what I chose, but am skeptical of the value of it vs 2080ti in terms of performance per pound..

Did you pre-order?

I'm currently on the fence and not sure whether to go for the FE or one of the budget options from OC to save a few £ or wait for rainforest so I don't need to worry about RMA-hell.

Aslong as it matches the 1080ti, I'll buy it tbh... which makes me feel sad.. but I also am sceptical it will do that.

Associate
Did you pre-order?

I'm currently on the fence and not sure whether to go for the FE or one of the budget options from OC to save a few £ or wait for rainforest so I don't need to worry about RMA-hell.

Aslong as it matches the 1080ti, I'll buy it tbh... which makes me feel sad.. but I also am sceptical it will do that.
Yes, I pre-ordered the GIGABYTE Windforce 2080. It was cheaper though when I ordered it than it currently is. I was skeptical as well if it would match the 1080ti at the bare minimum in performance. I now believe it will be equal to or slightly greater than due to improvements in the cuda cores and because of the GDDR6 memory. With games that make use of DLSS it should certainly outperform the 1080ti by a margin, but this will be select titles. It is a very tough call at the moment between the two without benchmarks. I think the 2080 should be the better choice though for the games that will make use of the tensor cores.

Soldato
nVidia creating Apple-style false demand, nothing to see here move along move along....

2080 still being at 20th Sept tells its own story ;)
Maybe they moved the 2080 ti date back a month because hardly anyone ordering the standard 2080 version
There all going for the 2080ti from the looks of things..like even the poll on here shows 62 vs 22

Soldato
Maybe they moved the 2080 ti date back a month because hardly anyone ordering the standard 2080 version
There all going for the 2080ti from the looks of things..like even the poll on here shows 62 vs 22
Probably supply/demand, simply running out of supplies of the Ti more quickly. Probably predictable the one with the highest demand would be the Ti, at least initially. Bit like the 1950X far outselling the rest of the Threadripper range.

Back
Top Bottom