• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Caporegime
I really am tempted I just think there could be a better price or a turn of events with either this rumoured 1070ti,

The rumours of AMD making losses on rebated cards and an absence of AIB cards is quite telling. I literally decided I couldn't wait any longer. V64 has its flaws, but at the price point I was "happy" enough to compromise. But I certainly wouldn't have done so if I never had a Freesync screen. I consider the price I've bought to be on par with those that bought the stand alone at £450.

Associate
If anything I wish I'd bought a Fury X when it launched and waited out Vega.

I went Fury X as was able to sell Hawaii for no loss, only added to pot what a WB block for Hawaii would have cost and gained quieter GPU with a performance bump.

Fury X was cracking IMO, but it never really benefited like Hawaii with drivers IMO. Lately even some bug fixes have not occurred on Fiji, one such example. For me gimping Fiji for HBM clocks increase on drivers past v16.12.2 WHQL was nail in the coffin. I had originally thought I'd not go for VEGA and wait for Navi. After doing the thread on OCuk and AMD Matt stating later drivers are unlikely to give back HBM clock increase it was a done deal to sell Fury X.

Soldato
The rumours of AMD making losses on rebated cards and an absence of AIB cards is quite telling. I literally decided I couldn't wait any longer. V64 has its flaws, but at the price point I was "happy" enough to compromise. But I certainly wouldn't have done so if I never had a Freesync screen. I consider the price I've bought to be on par with those that bought the stand alone at £450.
I've been critical of Vega, well just as much as I have of Fury, but I can see the potential of vega when tweaked. I think you'll see greater results with freesync so yeah I hope you enjoy it, but you will have to tweak the voltages and fan profile a bit.
I don't have a sync screen but I've come to the senses that even a 1080ti card isn't enough performance for my 4k needs, neither do I have the budget. So i'm going to stay at 1080 maybe 1440p until 4k is cost effective.

Associate
True I got my 56 for 380 but it should be what it was on release day 350 and it will come down when the 1070ti comes out as it will have to

IIRC V56 wasn't on OCuk for £350 on release either as I had held out for that when missed V64 @ £450.

Is not GDDR5 favored vs GDDR5X for miners? if so perhaps the 1070 Ti will be the miners card. As far as pricing is not supposed to be ~$400 USD, so likely to be ~£400/+? if so would not a V56 when coupling in FreeSync cost be better purchase for prospective buyers? so perhaps no need for AMD to reduce price.

Above has been what has swirled around my mind and made me pounce now rather than wait to see what goes on.

Caporegime
Rediculous, first the 2x 'Free' games were about £190 extra, then they whacked the standalone cards price up by that £190, so the games did become truly Free, but now they've dropped the standalone card to £500, and if you want the 2x 'Free' games with that, it'll cost you about an extra £20/£40, so the games, are now back to not being Free. :p

Caporegime
Rediculous, first the 2x 'Free' games were about £190 extra, then they whacked the standalone cards price up by that £190, so the games did become truly Free, but now they've dropped the standalone card to £500, and if you want the 2x 'Free' games with that, it'll cost you about an extra £20/£40, so the games, are now back to not being Free. :p
While the whole thing is a mess. Your scenario you've described isn't accurate at least for me.
However, I was to believe the games were never "free" but mandatory added on cost to prevent miners buying them (Which is ridiculous lol)

Caporegime
Welcome to the club Martini.

Currently uploading a Forza Horizon 3 video to YouTube, not sure how this beautfiful game slipped under my radar.

I've knocked 25Mhz off of my HBM overclock and have noticed a bit of a boost in my core clock as a result.

Associate
Buy the standalone then, easy.

Once people reach a certain level of annoyed they tend to make the even easier decision of buying something totally different....
The art of negotiating is trying to make people feel like they've got a deal, even if they haven't. Messing around with "free" games and extras just comes across as really tacky if it's totally obvious that you're being forced into paying for them indirectly.

Caporegime
Welcome to the club Martini.

Currently uploading a Forza Horizon 3 video to YouTube, not sure how this beautfiful game slipped under my radar.

I've knocked 25Mhz off of my HBM overclock and have noticed a bit of a boost in my core clock as a result.

Thank you. It's been years since I've had a full AMD system ha.

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.9GHZ (Then again it's also years I've had a CPU clocked this low)
16GB DDR4 3000MHZ.
Vega 64 Limited Edition

Just ordered a 275GB M.2 SSD too.

Coupled with my 144HZ Freesync Superwide I finally feel like I'm back at the upper end.

Associate
Once people reach a certain level of annoyed they tend to make the even easier decision of buying something totally different....
The art of negotiating is trying to make people feel like they've got a deal, even if they haven't. Messing around with "free" games and extras just comes across as really tacky if it's totally obvious that you're being forced into paying for them indirectly.
It was more of a dig at the loadsamoney bot who posts about 90 times a day about how expensive, power hungry and slow they are.

Not to say that the launch hasn't been a comic disaster because it obviously has.

Back
Top Bottom