• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
Associate
I went from a Fury to Vega and have been very happy with the improvement.

Couldn't agree more TBH. Playing all my games at higher FPS with added smoothness thanks to my 144hz freesync monitor and Vega 64 AC. I paid £449 on launch date so happy chappy indeed well worth the money. Vega is about 2x faster than Fury so a very worthwhile upgrade IMHO.

Soldato
Couldn't agree more TBH. Playing all my games at higher FPS with added smoothness thanks to my 144hz freesync monitor and Vega 64 AC. I paid £449 on launch date so happy chappy indeed well worth the money. Vega is about 2x faster than Fury so a very worthwhile upgrade IMHO.
That's actually good to know as I've currently got Fury X Crossfire and was a little concerned that swapping that out for a single Vega 64 would be a downgrade. Now just need to wait for the AIB cards...

Associate

Isn't the 1080 Ti just about faster than 2 furys? I'm not sure Vega is twice as fast as 2 furys? I might be wrong just my 2 cents :)

Soldato
Isn't the 1080 Ti just about faster than 2 furys? I'm not sure Vega is twice as fast as 2 furys? I might be wrong just my 2 cents :)

As someone who came from a Fury X to a V64, no. For the most part V64 is about 20% - 40% faster at the same settings that are playable on Fury X. If you push VRAM limits on Fury X to where it is totally unplayable then yeah, maybe twice as fast.

Soldato
As someone who came from a Fury X to a V64, no. For the most part V64 is about 20% - 40% faster at the same settings that are playable on Fury X. If you push VRAM limits on Fury X to where it is totally unplayable then yeah, maybe twice as fast.

I had Fury X, GTX 1070, 1080, 1080 Ti etc. The VEGA 64 is between the 1080 and 1080 Ti in performance. Wins some loses some. It is way faster than Fury X by comparison. As we go forward with API and DX12, VEGA 64 might surprise us VS the 1080 Ti.

I hope AMD is much quicker In execution with the next set of GPU's. Team red make good stuff but sometimes seem to launch too late for it to make an impact.

Nvidia to damn expensive atm, so I really hope AMD do stay competitive so I can make affordable upgrade in future.

Soldato
Hello again all

With a couple of days off work I decided to install my Eiswolf/Eisbear today. I also did a delid on the 4790K.

CNb88O.jpg

3yTrck.jpg

Anyway it's now in (booted first time!).

It's on a basic loop so it has the Eisbaer on the delidded 4790K currently @ 4.4 stock volts (no so impressed with the results here, but it is about 15C better) with a 240MM rad, the Eiswolf and the double thickness Eiswolf Rad with push/pull ML120 fans.

I've only just started playing, but I currently cannot get it to go above 50C. I've tried but it's 30C at stock and 40-49C when stressing. I've run the mem at 1100 and the GPU at just over 1700 (seen on AB). Either way it's a graphics score of about 7350 on Time Spy which seems about right from this thread. There is lot's more tweaking to do, but I'm very impressed with the Alphacool AIO - it's taken 25-30C off like for like tests. What a fuss though! Whoever it was earlier in the thread that said they should cut the heatpads up for you was right!

ETA - also I used CRU to "clock" my LG 34UM57 to 80HZ with a new Freesync range of 30-80 HZ. Nice and easy!

Back
Top Bottom