• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
I don't get why people are so negative all the time, I mean I understand why the Nvidia fanboys always rag on Vega for using all the worlds electricity and melting the icecaps, and I can understand some AMD fanboys being upset that it wasn't the Volta slayer Raja built it up to be (lols) but seriously.

The reference V64 currently in my office rig is faster in the stuff I play than the GTX1080 in my second rig and uses the same power as the aftermarket 980ti in my main rig. It's hardly the destroyer of worlds some people make out and it's a marked improvement on the supernova that was the Fury X.

Yeah the AIB V64 cards will probably use more power putting them on par or ahead of the GTX1080ti, but it's hardly the end of the world. If it had been slower than the GTX1080 and used more power than the 1080ti that would have been a disaster lol.

Soldato
I don't get why [the usual handful of] people are so negative all the time

Because they have nothing better to do. Not even games to burn hours on.

There's a half dozen names who you can regularly find in any graphics thread wanting to score points.

Except if you hang around for a few weeks you find they literally repeat the same things over and over and over again to each other like its an echo chamber.

So a passerby might think it's a brief disagreement but noooo, it's the same head vs wall bashing of the dead horse that they like to dig up before it gets cold and reheat by blowing on the embers of last weeks trivialities on the same subject.

Permabanned
I don't get why people are so negative all the time, I mean I understand why the Nvidia fanboys always rag on Vega for using all the worlds electricity and melting the icecaps, and I can understand some AMD fanboys being upset that it wasn't the Volta slayer Raja built it up to be (lols) but seriously.

The reference V64 currently in my office rig is faster in the stuff I play than the GTX1080 in my second rig and uses the same power as the aftermarket 980ti in my main rig. It's hardly the destroyer of worlds some people make out and it's a marked improvement on the supernova that was the Fury X.

Yeah the AIB V64 cards will probably use more power putting them on par or ahead of the GTX1080ti, but it's hardly the end of the world. If it had been slower than the GTX1080 and used more power than the 1080ti that would have been a disaster lol.

I don't think it's likely to beat or match a Ti but if it can pull further ahead of the 1080 and get close to the Ti that's a win in my books. I'll still be getting one although I want to see the different versions so I can hopefully find one that'll fit in my new case.

Because they have nothing better to do. Not even games to burn hours on.

There's a half dozen names who you can regularly find in any graphics thread wanting to score points.

Except if you hang around for a few weeks you find they literally repeat the same things over and over and over again to each other like its an echo chamber.

So a passerby might think it's a brief disagreement but noooo, it's the same head vs wall bashing of the dead horse that they like to dig up before it gets cold and reheat by blowing on the embers of last weeks trivialities on the same subject.

Lighten up, life's too short.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom