• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
@TonyTurbo78 @AMDMatt
If I record a video tomorrow showing me trying to overclock VEGA 64 can you guys give me some input what am doing wrong?
Tony remember couple weeks ago I had my Memory clock speed jumping all over the place well I think I have found out the issue.

if I set Wattman to Balanced mode my core speed with be 1400+ until target temp is reached then it remains around 1300+ memory speed remains 945mhz with odd drop every often. But if I set Wattman to custom and leave voltage on Auto I get same clock speeds etc All seems well But here what I dont understand if I change the Memory voltage to anything below 1000 my Memory will jump all over the place 500/800/945mhz

I noticed you guys run 1100 @950 I cant even run 950 at stock 945mhz if I try and change core voltage down I get lower core speeds down to 1100/1200 vs leaving everything on Auto voltage lol

A video will explain it better am sure

So all this time I had my VEGA and messed with Wattman I have actually been making my performance worst!

Sure dude no probs. I'll do my best to help, completely mashed from last night, only got in a 8am this morning :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey there everyone,

I have come here from the 56 thread to seek advice about the eiswolf 240, i have read that a few of you have one and made it work.
I have re assembled it twice but both times the hotspot shoots to 100+.c I was meticulous in the pads screws and thermal paste, especially the second time and although idle temps are 25-27.C as soon as its under load it goes to 50-60-70-80 on the core and hbm and 100+ instantly on the hotspot.
Me and the amazing guy who lent it to me to try and get it working think it might be the pump or possibly the pads are crap, (he also spent 10+ hours and double take down and reassemble to the same results)
but ive seen other threads with eiswolf hotspot issues where they reseat and re TIM and it works , but i've done that and although the idles went down 15.c, the problem above still exists.

Any help at all would be gratefully received

Permabanned
Hi, I've put my Vega 64 Limited edition on the MM but if it hasn't sold by Monday I'm going to buy the following kit: Alphacool Ice Wolf 120 GPX Pro AMD Vega M01
Here's a review on it. Has anyone used one and is it a decent product, I want it too reduce the noise issues with the Air Reference Vega cards but it's expensive so I wanted to make sure I'm not wasting money..
http://techreport.com/news/32409/alphacool-eiswolf-120-gpx-pro-takes-the-rx-vega-to-the-pool

Soldato
Me? No. I just can't live with such a noisy card sat up besides me on my desk.

I bought an RX470 off the MM a few weeks back so if the V64 sells I'll use that until the non reference Vega's land or if it doesn't sell I'm going to stick an AIO on it.

I find noise no issue for me sitting next to PC 40% fan speed with headphones on I cant hear it.

Permabanned
I find noise no issue for me sitting next to PC 40% fan speed with headphones on I cant hear it.

40% isn't enough to keep it from throttling though is it? Maybe it's due to my small case but here 40%'s nowhere near enough, In order to get a pass in the Firestrike stress test I had to use a 70% speed to avoid throttling under the 97% failure point.
I ordered a pair of cheap** gaming headphone from OCUK yesterday so I'll hopefully get them Monday. I'll still be getting the AIO when it's available though.

**When I said cheap I meant real cheap at £8.99 :D

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/mars-gaming-mh0-stereo-gaming-headset-sp-000-mg.html

I've never bothered with headphones when gaming but if I get on okay with these I may get a decent surround pair.

Soldato
40% isn't enough to keep it from throttling though is it? Maybe it's due to my small case but here 40%'s nowhere near enough, In order to get a pass in the Firestrike stress test I had to use a 70% speed to avoid throttling under the 97% failure point.
I ordered a pair of cheap headphone from OCUK yesterday so I'll hopefully get them Monday. I'll still be getting the AIO when it's available though

My target temp is 75c and using Balanced mode until I figure out my Voltage issues. My core remains at 1400+

Back
Top Bottom