• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
get rid of the old stock for a quiet refresh ?? I'm hoping so .. yields cant be that bad that amd themselves cant produce cards as well as partners ?

Probably the only way to get partners on board was to stop selling reference, especially if supply issues are so bad. Partners don't want to be competing directly with AMD in the retail market, and AMD want to give their partners some business.

Soldato
Probably the only way to get partners on board was to stop selling reference, especially if supply issues are so bad. Partners don't want to be competing directly with AMD in the retail market, and AMD want to give their partners some business.

AMD always phase out reference cards when AIB's start making custom cards. Normally AIB cards are available within a few weeks of launch though which is why the Vega reference card situation seems odd.

Associate
@LoadsaMoney

As stated by AMDMatt he didn't used latest version. As stated by me, as AMD driver v17.11.4 exposes VRM info and past versions of HWiNFO did access that, it could cause an issue (which technically is an AMD driver issue IMO). Latest v5.70-3300 now 8hrs usage with 0 issues, link.

Time to try Adrenalin now, plus AMD Link App.

***edit ***

WattMan resizing seems fixed :) and has profile options :) . Overlay working well so far.

Last edited:
Associate
Had some quick runs on my Vega 64 with the Adrenaline drivers. Love the "profile save" option.
Good improvements all around.

Slightly worse scores than before for Firstrike, but with Vega you never know what might happen with drivers....scores fluctuate (for me) around 300 points +/- depending on drivers.
Wattman on: 1752Mhz@1220v (manual voltage)& HBM2 1175mhz@1200v. HBCC on.
Firestrike: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/23918970? : 27 011K GPU.

Since there was a need to compare some more serious benchmarks, here is timespy also:
Better scores in Timespy with new driver.
Wattman on: 1747Mhz@1235v (manual voltage)& HBM2 1100mhz@1150v. HBCC on.
For Timespy: https://www.3dmark.com/spy/2919215 : 8304K GPU.

Will do some xfire test later...
Need to test this overlay feature...

Take care!

Soldato
I posted this in the driver thread, but, has anyone noticed a performance drop after installing the Adrenalin drivers?

Dropped 800 in Superposition and tested RoboRecall and it was running constantly at 45fps on the same settings that I was getting a solid 90fps with the 17.11.1 drivers.

Soldato
I have but haven't don't extensive testing tbh.

Going to just enjoy my card and game. Trying to find a decent stable undervolt/ overclock just didn't seem worth it for a few fps more in game.

Might revisit when I stick it under water

Soldato
MSI Designers: "Let's take the reference design, use a cheaper shroud and I/O plate, then call it our own design, if we really wanna save money we can bin the vapor chamber like on some of our Aero cards!"
MSI Marketing: "Great work, let's price it.... 50% above reference, in fact release a OC version too that boosts to a marginally higher speed and charge 60% above reference for that one"

Great work MSI, oh well I'm sure the miners will thank you :p

Caporegime
Thats how much it is on here, as its now up to pre-order.

MSi_Boost.jpg

Back
Top Bottom