• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
I've no issue with anyone beating my score, I'm really not that bothered as I'm not much of a benchmarker. I say do it, I wanna see Vega score as high as possible , I don't push it for my own personal epeen rating

Personally with the Vega 64 i see all this tweaking and sharing settings as fun. After a very long time having fun with a GPU like this, since the 9500non Pro, and the "pencil mode" :p

Got last night a reference V64 at £250 :eek: (yeah made sure the guy hadn't sold another 100 V64s :p ) going to watercool it, but first I will try various things with the card for "science" purposes.

I will test it
a) with the blower as is.
b) With Cryonaut and Condactonaut
c) with liquid bios.
e) under water. (with predator 360).

All combinations. :D

If anyone interested let me know games you want to try. I do not have many current ones, but might grab couple next few weeks when on offer.
FYI they will be tested also with a 2920X or 2700X (after end of the month) alongside the 8600K @ 5.1Ghz.

Associate
Personally with the Vega 64 i see all this tweaking and sharing settings as fun. After a very long time having fun with a GPU like this, since the 9500non Pro, and the "pencil mode" :p

Got last night a reference V64 at £250 :eek: (yeah made sure the guy hadn't sold another 100 V64s :p ) going to watercool it, but first I will try various things with the card for "science" purposes.

I will test it
c) with liquid bios.

If anyone interested let me know games you want to try. I do not have many current ones, but might grab couple next few weeks when on offer.
FYI they will be tested also with a 2920X or 2700X (after end of the month) alongside the 8600K @ 5.1Ghz.

I'd be very interested in the water cooled bios under water as I have an alphacool water kit on my reference v64.
The reference cooler on my chip even when under volting meant instead of getting to 85c in 5 mins it took 6 mins and sounded like a jumbo taking off.
Please keep us updated.

Soldato

I will test it
c) with liquid bios.

I'd be interested, especially if you can run stuff at 3440 X 1440

Soldato
I'd be very interested in the water cooled bios under water as I have an alphacool water kit on my reference v64.
The reference cooler on my chip even when under volting meant instead of getting to 85c in 5 mins it took 6 mins and sounded like a jumbo taking off.
Please keep us updated.

@TonyTurbo78 has watercooled reference with liquid bios. See his setting on previous pages :) and what he achieved with it!

Soldato
Any possible way you can show me where? lol

If I can remember sure, don’t really want to disturb anything to do with the card now it’s at the best I can get it.

I will test it
c) with liquid bios.

Amazing, look forward to that.

Associate

I will test it
c) with liquid bios.

It's an interesting test actually. Did that with mine at launch. Know a lot more about it now though so a revisit would be pretty cool.

I did find that with the blower I needed to keep the core around the 1550MHz mark or it'd overheat and anything over 1050MHz on mem would cause problems. Switch to Water with Hydronaut and I didn't get much better performance to be blunt. Could go to 1580 on core and 1050 still on HBM and I thought I had done something wrong. Switched to Conductonaut and boom 1700MHz+ stable and 1100MHz stable on HBM. Something there to be said about temp removal speed :D

EDIT: I won't use Hydronaut going forward either. Every attempt to use it has had it dry out really badly within 2 weeks. Will switch to something else instead as it just didn't ever work. Could be old stock or something though. Could reach out to Grizzly and ask them direct.

Associate
Morning guys. So it seems that strix 64 I'd won was a bit underpriced and the seller sent me an empty padded envelope . All tracked mind. After a massive appeal case Inc the action fraud police.. I've got a refund. So.. Think I'll grab the red dragon 56 now.

Caporegime
Morning guys. So it seems that strix 64 I'd won was a bit underpriced and the seller sent me an empty padded envelope . All tracked mind. After a massive appeal case Inc the action fraud police.. I've got a refund. So.. Think I'll grab the red dragon 56 now.

Glad it all got sorted, and yeah that 56 is a good buy!

Associate
Not for the extra 10/15% performance, no. Get the Dragon and enjoy :)
OK Thank you
The Red Dragon is a better card, so no. The extra is purely because Asus think they are a "premium" brand :p
The extra is due to it being a 64 over the 56 surely? I was close to getting the strix 64 but red dragon it is then...top work guys. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom