1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Kaapstad, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Ree

Wise Guy

a shot in the dark but does anyone own this monitor? if so whats the verdict on it as am seriously considering getting it.

Dell S2719DGF

2. TheSwede

Mobster

Thanks, appreciating your reply. :)

3. KentMan

Gangster

Got my card running P6 1542/1000mv P7 1652/1100mv HBM 1055/1000mv and it seems stable, run Timespy multiple times with no crashes, but in POE it will crash to desktop, so i have set a seperate profile for that now to reduce the P6 and P7 by 10 each and reduce the HBM by 15, and set FRTC to 90fps, that seems to have helped.

4. YB2ndBEST

Hitman

Can't run 1652 @ 1100mv... Are the temps getting too high?

5. pieman109

Soldato

Ok, just pulled the trigger on a sapphire Nitro Vega 64 as the price has come down again to £430 from £479. Now, the first I want to do is undervolt but I've not got a clue how to use wattman and I have no idea about these various "P" states I've seen, do these represent various frequencies and voltages are adjusted up or down for these frequencies? Basically I'm not someone who wants to spend time fiddling with voltages, so a simple piece of software that'll do the job, reduce heat, avoid throttling, would be fine.

6. henson0115

Wise Guy

Wait until the big driver update in that case as it will auto under volt according to sources on the interweb, should be a long any day now I would imagine.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  7. ALXAndy

Capodecina

Hey guys, I bought a Red Devil Vega 64 that should arrive tomorrow. Can any one briefly run me through how to down-volt it? like a screenshot of the settings etc?

Also, should I use AMD drivers or MSI AB or something?

TIA !

Edit. I was going to start a thread "Vega advice" but realised pretty quickly most of the replies would be "Send it back" :D

I'm coming from a Fury X that continually finds itself short of VRAM, so it's quite a hike.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  8. Thekwango

Capodecina

how is it the whole world seems to be out of stock of the thermal grizzly Minus Pad 8 - 20x 120x 3.0mm......been looking since I got my asus strix vega a couple of weeks back. any other alternatives I should look for?

9. YB2ndBEST

Hitman

I just recently got my vega 64 after using the vram limited Fury X as well! You will not be disappointed!!!

10. Panos

Perma Banned

Use Wattman, MSI AB isn't needed.
    I have posted on previous pages settings however today (13/12) new drivers are coming out with a lot of changes.

11. TrixX

Hitman

If you find Wattman annoying, OverdriveNTool is a good replacement, same functions without the silly UI :D

12. Panos

Perma Banned

People will get lost with it :D too many numbers...... :D

13. TrixX

Hitman

I guess I'm old school :D

Probably why I prefer some of the pre-UEFI BIOS which responded instantly without a half second delay!

14. Clav

Wise Guy

This happened to me. You might need to get into the old school display settings and set your monitor refresh rate there.
    Assuming W10, Right click desktop > Display settings > Display adapter properties > Monitor tab > Set monitor refresh rate.

15. ALXAndy

Capodecina

Thanks (and thanks for other replies guys). I've got a Titan XP in my main driver but yeah, Fury X in rig at my mother's where I stay a lot in winter (my flat is like a sieve and freezing). Yeah 4gb is holding me back, because I drive the screen I have there (Apple cinema 20") at 1600p. So games like FC5 can spike and send me into the low 20s. Not often, mind, and it does do a very valiant job, but yeah time to upgrade. I've had that Fury X since launch.

Oh yeah one more Q. Does the Red Devil have the pad issue? and should I re-paste it? it's not new I bought it used here.

16. Steampunk

Sgarrista

No, it's one of the best coolers between that and the Sapphire.

17. ALXAndy

Capodecina

Sweet,cheers man. I love the cooler. Absolutely beautiful I fell in love with it when they released the Devil 13.

18. pieman109

Soldato

Any info available as to when the new amd drivers are being released for download?

19. Shiari

Hitman

My monitor is already set to 75Hz, no issues there. This 38 fps thing is something recent.

20. TheMadHatter

Hitman

any help as my sapphire vega is doing my head in great card everyone says yeah right

cant even get a game to play correctly even walking on tomb raider causing stutter