• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
Well another EVGA PSU to add to the pile. A friend got a Vega64 LC edition and after popping into his PC, his PSU just **** the bed and died hard. Turns out it was one of the Superflower ones that just don't do Vega. He's got an 850W Corsair now and running great on the same hardware ;)

Never heard of that. I'm using Superflower 1200w, no probs what so ever.

Man of Honour
OP
Well another EVGA PSU to add to the pile. A friend got a Vega64 LC edition and after popping into his PC, his PSU just **** the bed and died hard. Turns out it was one of the Superflower ones that just don't do Vega. He's got an 850W Corsair now and running great on the same hardware ;)

I killed a 1200w Corsair PSU just by plugging in a GTX 960.:eek:

Sometimes it is just bad luck, PSUs do have a habit of going pop.

Soldato
Just for knowledge sake what does this mean?
If you use a hdmi lead on a Nvidia gpu, not always, but most of the time the colour range will default to limited 16-235. Effectively you lose that dark shade and vibrance.
All you have to do is set the colour output to Full and it will send a 0-255 colour output.

With Amd hdmi defaults to ycbr and always in full mode at default,unless resolution, panel bit rate and bandwidth requirements are in play.

https://pcmonitors.info/articles/correcting-hdmi-colour-on-nvidia-and-amd-gpus/

Soldato
Your Pc in your sig picture is magnificent do you plan to upgrade to Radeon VII or anything else?

Thanks mate. More than likely not as I've also got a 2nd rig I've spent a fair bit of money on with a 1080ti which I use for Sim Racing. I expect I'll just keep on rocking the V64 as it overclocks like a monster as you guys here well know. If the price of Rad7 was lower, maybe under £500, I had quickly considered putting up for sale my V64 with the EK block and backplate to finance it, but it's massively overpriced for the increase I'd get over my Vega64 @ 1750/1180 IMO.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks mate. More than likely not as I've also got a 2nd rig I've spent a fair bit of money on with a 1080ti which I use for Sim Racing. I expect I'll just keep on rocking the V64 as it overclocks like a monster as you guys here well know. If the price of Rad7 was lower, maybe under £500, I had quickly considered putting up for sale my V64 with the EK block and backplate to finance it, but it's massively overpriced for the increase I'd get over my Vega64 @ 1750/1180 IMO.
Understood, I keep seeing accidental leaks of that it will cost £550 for us in the UK at launch , that is more tempting for me, and if you want a second vega 64 with a EK-FC , give me a shout ;)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP

Wait for the reviews and prices as 7nm is unknown territory and there could be some nice surprises.

Soldato
Understood, I keep seeing accidental leaks of that it will cost £550 for us in the UK at launch , that is more tempting for me, and if you want a second vega 64 with a EK-FC , give me a shout ;)

nope but thanks :), not interested in another Vega64 or multi gpu for that matter. Did it when it was really good (7950 and 390x) unfortunately experienced it towards the end of it's cycle when it was at it's absolute shocking worst as well. Now I've left it, it's powerful single GPU only for me going forward.

Wait for the reviews and prices as 7nm is unknown territory and there could be some nice surprises.

Na, this is rip off England Kaap, it just isn't worth if for around 15% perf increase over what I have. As you well know, my V64 has got a pretty aggressive OC on it, smashes any 1080 and gets pretty close to a 1080ti in a lot of my games. I can't see the Rad7 being a worth upgrade from where I am on this rig for the extra money. I'll wait for 2020 and see what AMD has in store a little further down the line to go in my red machine :D All the while the green machine will be going multi colour and rocking a 16c32t Zen2 in a few months to go with that 1080ti :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey guys can anyone help me here? I got the "revised vega 64 strix (or so I believe) the temps on hot spot and VDDC are still over 100c" just before I RMA with OCUK and request an alternative card I wanted to make sure this was still the same issue?

Capture.png

Soldato
Hi guys,

Which V64 card would you recommend and do they still represent good value at current prices? I'm particularly keen to know which card runs the quietest and coolest.

Soldato
anyone else finding issues with overdriventool? just reinstalled it as I wattman does my head in and it wont let me change the target temp to anything other than 78°c....if I set it to say 70°c when I hit apply it goes back to the default 78

Back
Top Bottom