• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
The only ones i can find are Bykski from China, are they the ones you mean? Do you happen to know if attaching a water block voids the warranty?

Thanks
The Bykski is a good block, I had it.
On all cards, regardless the vendor, you void the warranty when you watercool them. The issue is not to damage the card by doing so.
Now if you have patience and an xacto 11 blade, you can slowly remove the sticker that is on the screw and attack it bit higher up the retention bracket.

Soldato
Is an owner able to do a few benches of games between an old 17.8 version of drivers vs latest?

I was looking at a babeltech review and results for some games on 17.8 were extremely bad compared to the 1080 in a lot of games. So want to see some numbers on it if possible.

Soldato
Is an owner able to do a few benches of games between an old 17.8 version of drivers vs latest?

I was looking at a babeltech review and results for some games on 17.8 were extremely bad compared to the 1080 in a lot of games. So want to see some numbers on it if possible.
You'd have to give a list of games you're interested in; even if someone was willing to spend an hour doing it, they probably wouldn't be willing to buy a bunch of games for the cause. :p

Associate
Hey fellow 64 owners, Im posting this here as I completely losing my mind.
I have been experiencing a hard reset while playing games on my system for 6 weeks now, i have tried everything i can think of, re installing windows 4 times, different drivers, updating bios's using one stick of ram, then the other, underclocking, undervolting
But nothing fixes it, so I took my entire pc apart and put it together again.
I then.....

Overclocked my pc to 4.7ghz (i5 6600k) which i had never done before, i overclocked the ram to 2800 (from 2666) and i overclocked the Vega 64 to 1050 mhz memory and 1700mhz core, with +50% power increase
I then ran with those settings - Furmark 8k test + cpu burn test + cpu -z stress test + seagate hardrive test + video memory stress test +ram test + Aida64 ALL TESTS
ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for 1 hour stressing everything to 100% and grinding the system to a slow crawl

BUT

No crash and no errors...................

Yet when i run a game when it is at stock settings , the PC restarts itself within 5 minutes...
Please please help, i am frustrated beyond belief, i dont know what to replace or what to do.

Thank you

thank for you suffering and spending money to solve this problem. i turned XMP off and now it works perfectly, i got the same problem as you and tried everything for 1 month since christmas to solve it.
which mainboard u had prior and which ram?

with following setup i got a hardreset during games but not when i stressed out the system with prime95(avx) and furmark.
I5 7600K @ Bequiet Silent Loop 360 | MSI Z270-A Pro | Sapphire RX Vega 64 Nitro+ | DDR4-2400 GSkill Ripjaws V F4-2400C15D-8GVR 16GB | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB | Toshiba X300 4TB | Netzteil Bequiet Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Verpackt im Bequiet Dark Base 900 Pro rev. 2
Asus MG279Q
i guess MSI is a crappy manufracturer.

Soldato
You'd have to give a list of games you're interested in; even if someone was willing to spend an hour doing it, they probably wouldn't be willing to buy a bunch of games for the cause. :p

I don't expect anyone to spend money on this, only if they had. Like to me, things like Wildlands looks to be a really bad case for Vega with the 17.8 drivers, and I am wondering if they fixed it.

Associate
I don't expect anyone to spend money on this, only if they had. Like to me, things like Wildlands looks to be a really bad case for Vega with the 17.8 drivers, and I am wondering if they fixed it.
If I have the games I'll test. I did a quick firing up of Metro Last Light earlier and blew away the test scores from Babeltech. At 1080p I was avging 210-270FPS depending on area with a ThreadRipper 1950X @3.95GHz, 32GB 3005MHz DDR4 memory (Samsung E-Die). Which isn't too dissimilar from their 6700K and 16GB of memory. Running the 19.1.1 currently though will update in the next day or so to the new driver. Suffice to say that Metro was running a lot faster on the mission I was on (Nazi base).

Main issue is direct reproduction as their stated settings are incomplete.

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
pray you don't get the awful coil whine that a few of the nitro's seem to suffer from :eek:

Ah :(, hoping their isn't any =\, how your Strix going? just thought i'd meantion ASUS have revised their cards, the new designs attempts to resolve the VRM temps issues but fails. My VRMS were still hitting 106c on VDDC and Hot Spot 101c in the new card!. Did you have to RMA?

ss of HWinfo on 2nd strix -

OCUK Customer Service though second to none!.

Capture.png

Soldato
Ah :(, hoping their isn't any =\, how your Strix going? just thought i'd meantion ASUS have revised their cards, the new designs attempts to resolve the VRM temps issues but fails. My VRMS were still hitting 106c on VDDC and Hot Spot 101c in the new card!. Did you have to RMA?

ss of HWinfo on 2nd strix -

OCUK Customer Service though second to none!.

Capture.png
Nah. No rma for me. The strix is about the only vega that would have fitted my case so I went with the replacing the thermal pad method and all’s be great since.

Associate
FYI - NewEgg in the U.S. has the Saphirre Vega 64 for $399 with 3 games. The prices on these cards seems to be in roller coaster mode. Last week I was seeing over $600 for most new Vega 64 cards.

Soldato
Had a reference 64 for a while but finally got into watercooling, had been waiting for the P600s case.... Aquacomputer block is absolutely gorgeous imho. @Kaapstad please? :)

y6ZpiaI.jpg

QMIPWJf.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom