• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
Just bought a Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64 from the MM, coming soon, hoping to water cool it with a Bykski block, can't wait :)

Where is the best guide on how to under volt, overclock etc? I'm totally new to this Vega & AMD architecture :)
How much was it out of interest?
Mine should be here Monday, also looking for an under volting guide

Soldato
Soldato
Well, it's a long and strange story which I won't bother you with but currently I'm sans GPU as I'm waiting for some spares to arrive so I can finish my water cooled build, though previously I had a Titan X Pascal, but I'm looking to utilise my new FreeSync monitor this time around etc...
ah cool. the 64 is a very capable and fun card, doubt you'll be disappointed - just waiting on a new rad arriving then my own (strix) is going under water too. good luck and health to enjoy.

Soldato
What are you pairing it with?

i've already a cpu loop in place - ek xres 140 D5 & a black ice nemisis 360 gts rad, hardline tubing. i'm adding another 240 rad of the same make and a bykski water block (i posted a pic a page or so back - post #8829) hopefully get a ibt more oomph out of the gpu or at least make it quieter! :p

rest of the system is a 1st gen ryzen 1600 and gigabyte gaming 5 motherboard - though i will almost certainly be swapping the board and cpu out once the latest cpu's come out - though probably go with a b450 matx board rather than x570/b550. not decided on the new cpu yet but probs a 3700 or 3800x.

Man of Honour
i've already a cpu loop in place - ek xres 140 D5 & a black ice nemisis 360 gts rad, hardline tubing. i'm adding another 240 rad of the same make and a bykski water block (i posted a pic a page or so back - post #8829) hopefully get a ibt more oomph out of the gpu or at least make it quieter! :p

rest of the system is a 1st gen ryzen 1600 and gigabyte gaming 5 motherboard - though i will almost certainly be swapping the board and cpu out once the latest cpu's come out - though probably go with a b450 matx board rather than x570/b550. not decided on the new cpu yet but probs a 3700 or 3800x.
Nice, I also have a fondness for the Black Ice rads, got 2 x 480mm SR2 Xtreme+ MPs myself for this build :cool:

I was going for the new CPUs and X570 until the rumours of the X570 board prices surfaced, so gone with the 1920X TR setup :)

Can I ask how long the block took to arrive in the UK and how much did customs charge you?

Soldato
Nice, I also have a fondness for the Black Ice rads, got 2 x 480mm SR2 Xtreme+ MPs myself for this build :cool:

I was going for the new CPUs and X570 until the rumours of the X570 board prices surfaced, so gone with the 1920X TR setup :)

Can I ask how long the block took to arrive in the UK and how much did customs charge you?
oh TR setup - sweet!

took about 3 weeks all in (though royal mail initially redirected it to the wrong place which probably added a few days) customs charged £3.48 but royal mail added an additional £8 for writing out the card to tell me i owed £3.48 (scum bags that they are!) - so £11.48 all together.

Man of Honour
oh TR setup - sweet!

took about 3 weeks all in (though royal mail initially redirected it to the wrong place which probably added a few days) customs charged £3.48 but royal mail added an additional £8 for writing out the card to tell me i owed £3.48 (scum bags that they are!) - so £11.48 all together.
That's cheap, seen some reports of people being charged around £30+ :eek:

When you get a spare moment, please could you send me a trust of the store you used and the postage option you choose, as £11 sounds a lot better than £30 :)

Soldato
That's cheap, seen some reports of people being charged around £30+ :eek:

When you get a spare moment, please could you send me a trust of the store you used and the postage option you choose, as £11 sounds a lot better than £30 :)
done
though no one should be getting charged £30+ by customs. the charges as far as i understand it are calculated as a few % of the item value - something like 5 or 7% (can't remember the exact figure but you can find it out with a quick google)

Man of Honour
done
though no one should be getting charged £30+ by customs. the charges as far as i understand it are calculated as a few % of the item value - something like 5 or 7% (can't remember the exact figure but you can find it out with a quick google)
Thanks for the link, ironically that store you used is where the £33 customs charge was mentioned (for the Nitro block) :)

Soldato
Thanks for the link, ironically that store you used is where the £33 customs charge was mentioned (for the Nitro block) :)
strange - could be someone telling porkies i guess or i guess maybe the customs declaration by the sender was incorrect. i know if i got hit with a 30 quid customs charge on an ~£80 quid item i'd be kicking up a stink!

Back
Top Bottom