1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Kaapstad, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Steven Rimmington

Gangster

I think I've found out now why people don't play this on the PC.

Been having a lot of strange gameplay, like random slow downs and general game pause the match disqualification messages. Had 4 yesterday and 3 today. I have tried to find out my last played opponent but can't find this to send a report to EA.

Getting a bit much now. My Internet is 100% not the issue as I'm not getting logged out of EA it just gives me a loss.

Not good :(

2. Gerard

Caporegime

Wrong thread? :p

3. Steven Rimmington

Gangster

Oh dear :D

4. MCFC_ANDY

Gangster

im finding my nitro hot spot temps all over the place atm, from yesterday 85c after hr of gaming and today hotspot thermals have droped to 65c even though temps same in house, well actually slightly warmer, have noticed this over last week, o/c profile has been the same. how strange

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  5. Th0nt

Soldato

Should be par for the course being a City fan? :D

6. MCFC_ANDY

Gangster

I:p:p:D

7. Gerard

Caporegime

Says a lot about how cack the Vega strix is. I snagged a Vega limited edition card and it easily gets up to 1600mhz, it runs about 4c hotter and is louder (more of an air whoosh than anything) but it just shows how half assed the asus card is if a reference board can outdo it, and also shows up that strix cooler. You could say "silicon lottery" but it seems to be a bit of a trend with the asus card that it never seems to clock as well.

8. SonicSW20

Hitman

Seems to be a long running theme with Asus Strix AMD cards IMO. My old R9 390X did perform much better after replacing the pads and paste though.