The Sound Of Silence...

Caporegime
For the last few years, all that appears to have happened with the custom PC scene (and home users, but I can see the appeal to them), is people itching and itching for more silence.

Am I the only person that, for a gaming/overclocking/benchmarking machine, REALLY doesn't care about noise at all, and has loud fans on all their hardware that needs cooling?

I understand why you'd want to keep an HTPC quiet, or a download box, but for a balls-out performing gaming rig, why would you care if its silent or not? I have my headphones on ALL THE TIME when gaming, and as a result can't hear the machine.

So, is anyone like me, not afraid of a little noise, maybe even a delta-lover ;)

Soldato
I don't really mind how much noise it makes while gaming (as long as it's not desperately noticable over headphones/speakers), but I hate a noisy PC at the desktop.

Soldato
MY PC stays on 24/7 and is used for SETI@Home, Gaming, Downloading - it is about 6 feet from where I sleep :)

It has to be quiet otherwise I would have to turn it off at night

Soldato
Nope, performance > silence, but not so loud that I can hear it around the house :eek:

the X1x00 series cards have loud coolers, my X1900 is nooo different :(

Back
Top Bottom