The state of Football

Don
I must admit, I didn't think I would create this thread this season considering how the season started, goals, exciting end to end football, entertainment!

But over the past weeks it's gone back to team's mentality of not wanting to lose, resulting in boring, zero ambition, lack of passion and the will to put the ball in the back of the net.

It all goes back to grass roots and coaching, do you think we will have any players that are allowed to play with freedom and express themselves in the future? Beating a man, doing the odd tricks and naturally entertaining in the future? The young players we are getting excited by or the lads who can pass sideways and can read the game, what has happened?

I was having a lengthy discussion with my father in law who came in whilst i was watching WPR vs Stoke last night, (I know) that obviously finished 0-0. But I watched the Manchester derby, it had no passion, ambition and both teams failed in their objective, to put the ball int he back of the net.

So how can this be addressed? Should there be some kind of penalty if a team fails to score? Should a 0-0 result in teams be docked points rather than gain them?

I think football is generally terrible nowadays, there are no 'Super Sundays', the games you think will be crap are usually better than the top teams playing each other. The mentality is to not lose and that just results in a boring spectacle for the paying customer.

Anyone share my thoughts or actually excited by games on the TV or going to matches?

Back
Top Bottom