The Sunset Limited

Soldato
The Sunset Limited

Cast:

Black - Samuel L. Jackson
White - Tommy Lee Jones

Two men, one room - a discussion of life, death, god and the nature of the universe.

I just finished watching this and goose flesh is still crawling over my arms and legs... Fantastically acted, an amazingly tight script, awe inspiring sound track. The whole thing takes place in a single room, just two men talking for the entire 90 minutes, but the effect of it, wow. You suddenly get this sense that the words being said are incredibly important, and epic struggle between two immovable forces, and also a feeling that the entire world has stopped and is listening in to the conversation, everything depends on the outcome of their arguing, light against dark, redemption versus utter despair. The locked door, nearly always in shot, takes on a foreboding significance, I was gripped with the absolute knowledge that when the door opened, the spell would be broken, and if the light hadn't tempered the dark before that, then all would be lost.

I thoroughly recommend this film to anyone, I think it was only shown as a tv movie and won't be at any cinemas so you might have to try and get it elsewhere but it will be well worth it. It spoke to a part of me that has been growing more and more prominent in my mind recently, what exactly I believe and what effect that has on my actions and thoughts.
If you're looking for action this may not be your cup of tea but honestly I was so sucked in the film could have lasted 10 hours and I wouldn't have cared.

Watch it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1510938/

Last edited:
Watched this today. Very well put together and makes you think about things.

A lot of people will not like this film and I mean a lot. You have to sit, watch and listen to every word or else you will fall asleep or turn it off.

Very good film.

Back
Top Bottom