The Terror - Season 2

Man of Honour
Not sure how many people on here watched the first season of The Terror , I thought it was superb and very well acted. Well, Season 2 is on the way -

Man of Honour
OP
strange - why did they call it the terror when it is completely different and has nothing to do with either the book or the first season?

Not sure, they said at the end of the first series that they wanted to make it an anthology show, guess they just kept the name and decided that it would mean a terror rather than the ship The Terror. As long as its good though they can call it Fluffy Bumpkins Parlour Mysteries if they want :D

Soldato
its just a bit weird - license a book, make a series, change the story by quite a bit, and then make a completely different story but keep the name even though it was only called the terror after the ship.

Soldato
Looks decent, The Terror was one of the best all-round series I've watched recently, I'd happily watch anything produced by that same team....even though I'm not much of a horror fan I'll definitely be giving this a go.

Caporegime
As above I don't understand why they kept the title of The Terror, or if they were planning on an anthology from the start then maybe should have called the first series something different.

I've watched the first episode and it's bizarre. It's hard to describe I guess as it's not based on a specific historical event like the first series was, but more a broad time period, it's kind of hard to relate a supernatural horror to the event like the first series did. The writing and dialogue is completely different, I presume most of the creative team is different?

Associate
Yeah loving it so far, its fresh with new perspective and new scenario.

Couldnt agree more.

The first series was fantastic, so happy to see another anthology from the same stable. Like the K/J Horror style, the clicky stuff is very The Grudge.

Opening scene was pretty horrific. Liking it so far.

Soldato
The first season was great and I'm glad they didn't try and drag it out as it ended perfectly. Will definitely give this a go and hope it's of the same quality.

Associate
The first season was amazing. Acting, writing, dialogue, camera work, realistic reactions and they really captured the era. I've seen two episodes of the new season. It really wouldn't be fair to compare it to season 1. Since it's a new story in a different place and time. So far there is nothing to complain about and I like it. American Horror Story, Fargo and True Detective have all followed the same kind new season new story formula. I understand some of the devastation, but American horror story season 2 was phenomenal. True Detective was the one that I really wanted to keep going as is. The Terror season 1 was really over meh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom