• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Clearly you don't need 750w to run a 300w part so there's an assumption about the rest of the system the card will be put in.

My guess is that the assumption believes you are running a higher wattage CPU if you're going with the higher wattage GPU.

this was what I assumed but wanted to get clarity. Ive a superflower 650w psu and in the new year will be looking at probably a 6800xt and a 5900x. Mobo will have 1tb/500gb M.2 drives and only 6 argb fans connected so im assuming it will be fine and an aio cooler. Might change to custom wc loop eventually too.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £117.83 (includes shipping: £10.50)​

Soldato
5700xt owners aren't going to like this, but Dirt 5 needs more than 8GB VRAM at 4k, the 5700xt gets absolutely smashed. Nvidia 8gb GPU's seem to handle it better for some reason, AMD GPU's seem to loose the plot when they run out of VRAM

Soldato
Is it weird that there's no sign of these on the Ocuk store yet? They added the Nvidia cards and AMD 5000 series almost straight after their announcements.

Is it because they don't want to list them with high prices or slowly increasing prices?

Associate
Is it weird that there's no sign of these on the Ocuk store yet? They added the Nvidia cards and AMD 5000 series almost straight after their announcements.

Is it because they don't want to list them with high prices or slowly increasing prices?

The interest rate is particularly bad ATM for OCUK. Especially because Zen3 CPU are coming out with a £50 OCUK tax in place.

Associate
3090:=

50% more memory, though.
50% better drivers. Apart from the "modern looks".:D
50% more RT performance.
50% more productivity perf
50% better cooler.

I hope this is a Joke ... but

The only one of those we know for sure is the RAM, and the RT performance has been leaked not confirmed

50% better drivers - lol you cannot really quantify that
50% better cooler - are you saying it will be 50% louder or run 50% hotter :p

Soldato
Does anyone know when Overclockers listed the 30XX series on their website? I'm curious to know which of the 68XX series they're looking to have at launch, and the prices of them - a week before launch on the 11th perhaps?

Associate
Does anyone know when Overclockers listed the 30XX series on their website? I'm curious to know which of the 68XX series they're looking to have at launch, and the prices of them - a week before launch on the 11th perhaps?

You’ll want to look at the prices 10 minutes before, not a week before as OCUK will start raising the prices for their regular new release gouging.

Soldato
Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

The CPUs have been up quite a while, with prices and they simply have not been on pre-order.

They could just have done that for GPU also.

Caporegime
Yeah, it's a strange how they're not listed yet.

I think you may have nailed it on the head. It's the only logical explanation really.
Its not just OCUK though - others haven't listed anything. So it must be something from further up the chain IMO :)
I was going to say, this is happening worldwide so I have no idea why people think it's just an OCUK thing. :confused:

Associate
Yeah that's a fair point.

I wasn't intending to single out OcUK, rather UK retailers in general.

But I realise now if the products aren't listed in the U.S. yet where pricing has been confirmed, something else must be going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom