• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Sorry to say this but like NVidia, there will be shortages at launch and with the competitive pricing, maybe more so. I am in the market for the 6900XT but not in a rush. Expect shortages and anything quick delivered will be a bonus.

Hi, me too.

I have a question for you, do you expect 6900XT will be easier to acquire due to the fact that 6800 and 6800XT will have already launched and also 6900XT will be around £1000 mark, which presumably wouldn't offer best price-to-performance and hence more attainable on release date?

Thank you.

Pet Northerner
Don
Sorry to say this but like NVidia, there will be shortages at launch and with the competitive pricing, maybe more so. I am in the market for the 6900XT but not in a rush. Expect shortages and anything quick delivered will be a bonus.

This is how I'm expecting it to go. I'll get my qeued card on finance so I'm not down much ££ to secure my card and will pay it off once it arrives.

Pet Northerner
Don
I am suspect that the reason we see nothing across the board on any site is to try and combat scalpers, not help them. They have less time to setup their bots. So it gives actual customers a fighting chance. They will sell out, anyone thinking otherwise needs to reset their expectations, unfortunately. Even if they supplied plenty of units...the market is starved, Nvidia has exacerbated and compounded this problem with their **** launch and **** follow up since.

Obviously I am not outright blaming Nvidia for the sellout :p and shouldn't be taken as such :) - my point there is that they certainly haven't helped the situation.

I think if people are thinking the listings aren't on the website due to stock shortages, I think they're wrong :)

I honestly hope @Gibbo puts the product page up as they go live

Caporegime
Hi, me too.

I have a question for you, do you expect 6900XT will be easier to acquire due to the fact that 6800 and 6800XT will have already launched and also 6900XT will be around £1000 mark, which presumably wouldn't offer best price-to-performance and hence more attainable on release date?

Thank you.
I think we will be looking at the new year bud. The price is still expensive but lots cheaper than NVidia's 3090, so I imagine a lot will be looking to go AMD this time. I still want to see independent benchmarks though, as I find AMDD and NVidia to be rather questionable with their own slides :)

Soldato
Inclined to think this is the case as well - asked CS yesterday (11.11) at another uk retailer what time 6000 series would launch and they said they had no idea... one week from release

First time builder and i have all my parts except CPU and GPU - been waiting two months already to complete don't know whether its worth holding out...

Yea, it's a tough one. I my full system in boxes and hoping to get my CPU within the next week or two, but if the RDNA2 launch is chaos (which it probably will be) then I'll likely buy a basic GPU to hold me over until things stabilize. Might even end up going back to Nvidia as their supply is picking up slowly but surely.

Soldato
I am suspect that the reason we see nothing across the board on any site is to try and combat scalpers, not help them. They have less time to setup their bots. So it gives actual customers a fighting chance. They will sell out, anyone thinking otherwise needs to reset their expectations, unfortunately. Even if they supplied plenty of units...the market is starved, Nvidia has exacerbated and compounded this problem with their **** launch and **** follow up since.

Obviously I am not outright blaming Nvidia for the sellout :p and shouldn't be taken as such :) - my point there is that they certainly haven't helped the situation.

I think if people are thinking the listings aren't on the website due to stock shortages, I think they're wrong :)

Hopefully that is the case. Part of me really wants Nvidia to sort their stuff out and get people hooked up so that there is less demand for the AMD parts.

AMD launch is going to be weird with reference cards only and from different suppliers; actually makes a ton of logistics pain points as they're all selling the same card but with different stickers on the box - 20 different queues for the exact same card.

Associate
I think we will be looking at the new year bud. The price is still expensive but lots cheaper than NVidia's 3090, so I imagine a lot will be looking to go AMD this time. I still want to see independent benchmarks though, as I find AMDD and NVidia to be rather questionable with their own slides :)

Damn. Just sold my 2080 Ti, I was hoping - and still am - to nab one on the 8th of December. Looks like I'll be mashing the F5 key or paying through my nose to some scalper.

Soldato
Damn. Just sold my 2080 Ti, I was hoping - and still am - to nab one on the 8th of December. Looks like I'll be mashing the F5 key or paying through my nose to some scalper.

If you’re willing to pay a scalper, you’re better off buy a new 3070 (better than the 2080ti) while you wait for your MSRP 6900XT. Will cost the same and you won’t support scum.

Soldato
If you’re willing to pay a scalper, you’re better off buy a new 3070 (better than the 2080ti) while you wait for your MSRP 6900XT. Will cost the same and you won’t support scum.

better until it runs out of vram playing watch dogs legion at 1080p :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom