• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
1200 units for the whole UK!

LOL that much worse than RTX 3080 launch, OCUK was allocated 1000 RTX 3080 cards in stock on 17 September and the whole stock was gone in a min. OCUK competitors probably did the same allocated 1000 RTX 3080 cards too. Nvidia probably sold about 5000 to 10000 RTX 3080s in the whole UK on launch day.

Thats.. well no words to describe it. Then again its pointless if your banking on one retailer, your best off trying to source how many of the 1200 they each have and if you can root out company A has the most with 750, then thats the one to spam f5 on the day. Best of luck it is then, man looks like have to prepare for disappointment again lol.

Caporegime
1200 units for the whole UK!

LOL that much worse than RTX 3080 launch, OCUK was allocated 1000 RTX 3080 cards in stock on 17 September and the whole stock was gone in a min. OCUK competitors probably did the same allocated 1000 RTX 3080 cards too. Nvidia probably sold about 5000 to 10000 RTX 3080s in the whole UK on launch day.

And what orifice are you pulling these numbers from seeing as ocuk seem to have been gagged from talking about numbers for the 3 series?

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
And what orifice are you pulling these numbers from seeing as ocuk seem to have been gagged from talking about numbers for the 3 series?

I recall one dude on here went to the shop on the day and he got one. I laughed thought at apparently only like 4 were sold or something like that. Maybe I got my factoids from athlon so dont take that as gospel! ;)

Caporegime
It was a dumb move from Nvidia anyway since the truth was quickly obvious and it annoyed customers and retailers. We just now have numbers to quantify how much of a mess up it was.

Amazing how much of a panic launch it was, they had only been in production a couple of weeks before announcement and then "launch". Nvidia got caught with their kecks around their ankles just like Intel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom