• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.

smr

smr

Soldato
RIP Nvidia. Looks like my decision to wait two months before buying an entire new rig was vindicated, a tactical masterclass of epic proportions basically as AMD have done what I thought they might - absolutely smashed it, and then some.

Associate
Rage mode = overclocking the card.
Smart memory= you need 5series am4 board and 5 series zen 3 CPU. Whole ecosystem.

6800 faster than 3070 without RT
6800xt on par with 3080 without RT
6900xt slower that 3090 without RT

Going only by the 4K benchmarks slide shown during the presentation, the 6900 XT beats the 3090 in 5 games, draws in 1 and loses in 4. Both cards were benchmarked on the same system as indicated by the footnotes. Based only on this information, how can the 6900XT be called slower?

Furthermore, the 6800XT beats the 3080 in 8 games and loses in 2 at 1440p, while at 4K, it beats the 3080 in 3 games, loses in 3 games and draws in the rest. Once again this comparison is done on the same system and shows the 6800XT winning in 1440p and drawing at 4K. One card is clearly superior, based only on the marketing slides.

Unless I missed something.

Soldato
Just bench for waitmarks.

AMD was not showing completely equal footing slides. They had some performance toggles on and off depending on the numbers they wanted. Declared of course but ehhh... lets see 3rd parties give a more detailed range of results.

Deleted member 76686

D

Deleted member 76686

I think it was easily predictable for people to get carried away before independent benchmarks appeared.

Associate
No one is getting a 3080 soon lol
Nobody higher up the queue, sure
It's an unfortunate thing whereby the people at the back feel like they're a lot further away than they really are than the people at the front by virtue of stock flow
If you're at the front it almost doesn't matter how slow it comes because you're first

Associate
I have a Gsync monitor. Has any one successfully paired an AMD card with their Gsync monitor?

Lose Gysnc... Big issue?

What we wont know for a while is are there going to be any games that will utilise the 16GB vram on the AMD cards.

I think some later models of Gsync monitors can use freesync unofficially, I know my gsync 1440p Alienware ultra wide can.

Associate
Ok so who was closest on pricing?

And who can guess the # cancelled 3080 queues now?
Definitely not me. I guessed 600, 750 and 1200.

Probably won't be that many 3080 cancellations at all. Those cards weren't pre-ordered based on pricing or performance, but based on their features and brand reputation. And I'm certain all the 3070s will sell out instantaneously, even though none of Nvidia's cards make sense anymore in the light of the RDNA2 reveal.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Oh I'm not arguing that stock will make or break it for AMD. But no one who is getting a 3080 soon is going to cancel for a 6800XT at the same price.

If anything, the AMD announcement should ease up pressure on the 3080s meaning people will now get them quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom