• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I am hoping they've used this time since nvidia launch to realise the mistakes nvidia made and ensure their partners have enough chips to produce plenty of cards. Plus rumour is its not the newer GDDR6X so its easy to produce

Soldato
Its actually stressful trying to make the right choices with gfx cards this year, i have a preorder for a none OC 3080 but with gibbo confirming manufacturers are OC prioritizing, it makes me want to try my luck with AMD but fears are, is there stock, if preorder how far down the queue will i be compared to 3080 position, if no stock how fast will it come in, all too much for my tiny brain

Step outside and go for a walk :) There are much, much more important things in life ;)

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Why are half the threads in this forum suddenly locked??

the exchange rates putting the prices up on bandwidth obviously :D

now does anyone expect there to be large enough stock numbers so we dont have a repeat of nvidias farce.

Associate
Expect prices to be in the region of VEGA launch

$699 for 6900XT
$499 for 6800XT
$399 for 6700XT

If the 6900XT is a 3090 competitor I suspect it might be

$899/999 for 6900XT
$599 for 6800XT
$449 for 6700XT

I don't expect AMD to be cheap, just slightly cheaper than Nvidia.

Associate

now does anyone expect there to be large enough stock numbers so we dont have a repeat of nvidias farce.

AMD is able to make cards, Nvidia isnt due to a broken 8nm samsung node.
still, the first batch is likely to be high end and supply vs demand wont be enough even though it be a normal launch.
everyone now wants to buy big navis as you cant buy 3080 anywhere :D

Associate

I actually don't think enough stock can be available on launch to avoid a complete repeat of nvidia's farce. There will be more stock than nvidia (as it would be impossible to launch with less) but it won't be enough to meet demand.

Soldato
Excerpts from AMD's earning call"

“Our next generation Radeon rtx 6000 graphics card powered by rdna 2 are by far the powerful gaming GPU we have ever built and will return amd to the high end of the graphics market.
- Dr Lisa Su
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/jjbyvm/dr_lisa_su_on_rx_6000_in_earnings_call_hype/

Prices be good :D

Is that not always the case with a new generation of high end products :p

Looking forward to seeing their offering(s) unveiled officially but like always more interested to see them in the hands of reviewers for true numbers etc :)

GAC

GAC

Soldato
AMD is able to make cards, Nvidia isnt due to a broken 8nm samsung node.
still, the first batch is likely to be high end and supply vs demand wont be enough even though it be a normal launch.
everyone now wants to buy big navis as you cant buy 3080 anywhere :D

ah yes the broken node talk again, any proof or just you're own ramblings using youtube experts as proof with their sources no one knows ?

I actually don't think enough stock can be available on launch to avoid a complete repeat of nvidia's farce. There will be more stock than nvidia (as it would be impossible to launch with less) but it won't be enough to meet demand.

this is what i expect to be honest, id be surprised if it was as bad as nvidia jumped the gun to get the 3000's out early to try and get a lead on amd. im expecting amd's tried to speed up delivery itself by a week or two to close that window.

Caporegime
Its actually stressful trying to make the right choices with gfx cards this year, i have a preorder for a none OC 3080 but with gibbo confirming manufacturers are OC prioritizing, it makes me want to try my luck with AMD but fears are, is there stock, if preorder how far down the queue will i be compared to 3080 position, if no stock how fast will it come in, all too much for my tiny brain
Step outside and go for a walk :) There are much, much more important things in life ;)
Don't forget to wear your mask, don't want to catch the coof. ;)

Stu

Stu

Soldato
If the 6900XT is a 3090 competitor I suspect it might be

$899/999 for 6900XT
$599 for 6800XT
$449 for 6700XT

I don't expect AMD to be cheap, just slightly cheaper than Nvidia.

I admit that I don't know past prices accurately, but my memory of almost all previous launches its that we always hope/expect AMD to be slightly cheaper than Nvidia with comparable performance, but it never happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom