• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Right to summarise this and break it down:

1) 6900XT at $999 with direct smart memory access, rage ( ie overclocked ) no RT enabled 16GB of ram can just about beat 3090RTX which is $1500 24gb in a couple of cherry picked AMD console ports. And its out in 8th of DEC

2) 6800XT at $649 with direct smart memory access, no RT 16GB of ram can just about beat 10GB 3080RTX which is $699 10gb in a couple of cherry picked AMD. console ports. Out on 18 NOV

It good but it aint great. 6900XT with just 8 less CU over 6800XT is overpriced.

6800XT is good buy. probably my next card.

XSX, PS5, AMD cards are all packing big VRAM.
NVIDIA cards aren't.

Very clear which card is going to have to ditch photorealistic textures when they become mainstream in game development in the next <18 months.

Soldato
One thing got me interested
ElbktqCUcAA0VWb.jpg

If You are not on PCIE4.0 wont performance get BIG HIT with amd's new design ??

Bingo! That's why I went X570 in case there was a good reason to use that bandwidth. Sadly can't afford the 5000 CPU or 6000 GPU atm ;)

Soldato
I think Nvidia are gonna have to react to this. 16GB vram across the entire stack from AMD is significant. Unless I am mistaken on that fact.

AMD have stuffed the NVIDIA cards.

NVIDIA high end GPUs like the 3080 will have worst textures than the digital PS5 which is like half its price in 2 years time lol.

Associate
test system for all graphs was Ryzen 5900X with 16GB DDR4-3200 memory. Not peak performance memory wise, but not any slower than Intel.

RX 6900XT vs RTX3090 graph I liked the least. Basically Rage mode means its no longer 300W + needing smart memory bonus means its strictly slower than 3090. And there is not much room between 3090 and 3080.

True but mindshare works both ways.

Soldato
I'm not surprised at all by these prices. Since Lisa Su has taken over AMD has headed towards a 'premium' product price that Intel & Nvidia charges. AMD has previousily offered good products at lower prices than Nvidia (the 480 & 580 for example) yet still gets absolutley shredded in terms of adoption numbers. Theres no point lowering pricing when people wont buy them anyway so might as well max out the money they can make on those that will consider the product.

Soldato
Bit surprised they didn't put more VRAM on the 6900 XT though

Smart decision. Its clear they've spoken to developers and everyone has said 16 is the most they'll use. Packing more and passing the cost onto us is stupid.

Lets remmeber the 3090 is a titan GPU, not a gaming GPU, in design hence the gigantic VRAM.

Associate
Once the review sites online and on youtube get hold of the cards and test them in real world situation that will be the true testing ground.

when using the new cards with last gen AMD CPUS or Intel CPUS, performance might not look so hot, tons of speculation to be had out of todays AMD presentation for sure...but as always, time will tell.

PLUS do the cards need PCIE 4.0 motherboards to get the best out of the cards?

Are the AMD figures totally skewed towards having the latest AMD tech !!!.

Soldato
So same price, same perf win some lose some and no RT benches ( obviously worse than nvidia otherwise they would have showed them as well ) and no answer to DLSS.

And i bet the fanboys are already praising it lol.

Same price?

3090 is 500-600 more expensive than the 6900XT...

As for benchies, a few frames here or there either way, game dependent. It looks right now as if it's NV fanboi's who just threw their lunch up.

Associate
they didn't share raytracing performance though, so we will have to see on that one. 6800xt seems very good value for money. it'll be interesting to see if nvidia poop out a 3080TI in response, the problem is they've already set the highbar with the 3090 so there isn't a lot of room between the 3080 and the 3090 for a TI.

Soldato
I'm not surprised at all by these prices. Since Lisa Su has taken over AMD has headed towards a 'premium' product price that Intel & Nvidia charges. AMD has previousily offered good products at lower prices than Nvidia (the 480 & 580 for example) yet still gets absolutley shredded in terms of adoption numbers. Theres no point lowering pricing when people wont buy them anyway so might as well max out the money they can make on those that will consider the product.

Also its not like these GPUs are free.

They're offering BETTER performance than the competition in multiple use cases with MORE VRAM and people want them to be cheaper?

Why aren't NVIDIA dropping their prices should be the question...

Soldato
One thing got me interested
ElbktqCUcAA0VWb.jpg

If You are not on PCIE4.0 wont performance get BIG HIT with amd's new design ??

You don't have to turn it on. Not really a big hit.

I think people are also getting a bit ahead if themselves. These cards (6800/6800XT) are very competitive, but not guaranteed to be better than 3080 over a wide range of games on a non-Zen3 system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom