• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Depends if Gibbo feeds the hamsters extra carrots that morning.

Gibbo should upgrade the hamster to a Guinea Pig? Baits forum thread "Are Hamster's enough vs Guinea Pig's**No competition talk**"
Honestly there would be so many for or against like some sort of Bias or something that would go for hundreds of pages!

*Evil smirk*

Associate
New CPU's are out on the 5'th, there will be a review of those by then, you would think AMD would want the new GPU's in those reviews.
Actually that would be bad.
Zen 2 and Navi launched on same day, was a tricky task for reviewers to cover everything.
As we saw with Ampere staggered launch, it is better to drip-feed new exciting stuff. Keep people talking about it.

Also give time to all reviewers be wowed by Zen 3 and switch their main test systems to that and retest all older videocards just in time for Big Navi.
I have no problem with humiliating Intel while using 3080/3090 cards

Associate
Out of all of them, i think Galax would be the #1 contender to push this, especially if the 6900XT firestrike scores are a strong as they appear to be.

They would have a real opportunity to remove EVGA from the top slot on 3DMark assuming Galax could get the appropriate support from AMD.

Maybe doing an 6900XTX would keep everyone happy and leave the 6900XT as non-custom.
I think you got confused somewhere.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I saw one of OCUK's competitors mention that they had 60,000 people trying to buy the 3070 at launch.... that's insane! They had captcha etc too so one assumes not too much by way of bots.

However much stock AMD have it's not going to be anywhere close to enough if that's any guide.

Take the positive out of it. That's a few thousand less people queuing to buy the Radeon's in a couple of weeks!! I need nvidia to keep offering stock :p

On a serious note though, there should be no excuse to have anti-bot/scalping methods in place now so that you cannot bulk buy or rinse the retailers. It wont fix the massive demand, short supply issue, but it should mean enthusiasts are able to have a fair crack when no bots etc are competing.

Soldato
AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT Graphics Cards Custom Models From AIBs Could Be Greenlit Soon – RX 6000 Series Rumored To Have Limited Stock at Launch

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-...els-in-talks-rx-6000-limited-stock-at-launch/

AMD will have same problem as Nvidia with limited RX 6800 and RX 6800 XT stock at launch, you wont be able to get one until December or later into 2021, you will have to pre-order to get in the queue to get RX 6800 and RX 6800 XT cards.

Last edited:
Associate
Up next: water IS wet
Thank goodness for that, I was just coming into the forum to check that as I was getting concerned about the amount of moisture on my clothes after being out in the rain, thanks for your proactive stance on this lol.
More importantly is the water ray-traced and how many fps faster would it be without that feature?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom