• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Wow, that as an impressive level of impotent nerd rage you are adding to your, erm, guesswork. :D

It's called being fed up of both these companies and their silly games.. All I want is a GPU I can use on my new system that works I don't care who it comes from as long as it works , but all the kiddy guessing and fanboy behaviour is getting annoying these companies are not giving anything for free and they all have some drawbacks. Lets all wait and see and lets all drop the silly fanboy mentality .. Nerd rage lol... I'm one of the original nerds so have a right after seeing what these companies have done over 45+ years ;).

I'm not a fanboy I just want what is good value and works to what I need. You can all go fight about imaginary graphics cards and cards without real benchmarks yet.
:p

Soldato
It's called being fed up of both these companies and their silly games.. All I want is a GPU I can use on my new system that works I don't care who it comes from as long as it works , but all the kiddy guessing and fanboy behaviour is getting annoying these companies are not giving anything for free and they all have some drawbacks. Lets all wait and see and lets all drop the silly fanboy mentality .. Nerd rage lol... I'm one of the original nerds so have a right after seeing what these companies have done over 45+ years ;).

I'm not a fanboy I just want what is good value and works to what I need. You can all go fight about imaginary graphics cards and cards without real benchmarks yet.
It's all nvidia's fault

Associate
You can all go fight about imaginary graphics cards and cards without real benchmarks yet.
It all feels like top trumps in here at times, the problem being that it's all based on hearsay and guesswork. People trying to make themselves feel justified in their purchasing decisions and brand loyalty by putting other people's opinions down. The days of sensible discussions are long gone when the internet seems to encourage the wrong kind of behaviours.

Soldato
It all feels like top trumps in here at times, the problem being that it's all based on hearsay and guesswork. People trying to make themselves feel justified in their purchasing decisions and brand loyalty by putting other people's opinions down. The days of sensible discussions are long gone when the internet seems to encourage the wrong kind of behaviours.

Yes exactly it's all just stupid now.. Any normal person would want what is best value that does what they need. All I want is to see what the 6900XT is really like compared to a 3090 and if it is as good and can be got at a sensible price I'm all over it. I'm not a fanboy of these companies, of all things they all have their issues and tired of the silly games they play with their future customers. Then you have the flag wavers for brand x and brand z .. seriously it's tiring now, lets get the products in stock and let people choose which they want to use and good for them. I don't give a damn one way or the other really, all I need is a gpu that does what I want/need from any brand.

The whole internet has gone mad from reddit to any social media site or forum regarding gpus and the made up rubbish that goes along with it. I want facts not made up benchmarks for clickbait and made up gpus and then you have people talking all the rubbish hoping prices will magically come down, many of the AMD fanboys are really Nvidia fanboys hoping to get Nvidia to drop prices for them or add a new card that is cheaper so they can really go out and buy that.

Anyways let the kids fight between themselves, I'll just wait for real benchmarks and buy the one that works for me .

Permabanned
Yes exactly it's all just stupid now.. Any normal person would want what is best value that does what they need. All I want is to see what the 6900XT is really like compared to a 3090 and if it is as good and can be got at a sensible price I'm all over it. I'm not a fanboy of these companies, of all things they all have their issues and tired of the silly games they play with their future customers. Then you have the flag wavers for brand x and brand z .. seriously it's tiring now, lets get the products in stock and let people choose which they want to use and good for them. I don't give a damn one way or the other really, all I need is a gpu that does what I want/need from any brand.

The whole internet has gone mad from reddit to any social media site or forum regarding gpus and the made up rubbish that goes along with it. I want facts not made up benchmarks for clickbait and made up gpus and then you have people talking all the rubbish hoping prices will magically come down, many of the AMD fanboys are really Nvidia fanboys hoping to get Nvidia to drop prices for them or add a new card that is cheaper so they can really go out and buy that.

Anyways let the kids fight between themselves, I'll just wait for real benchmarks and buy the one that works for me .

It's 50% discount - from $1500 down to $999.

Associate
I am a Cirrus Logic fanboy:

The drivers are err... more mature.
They are a lot cheaper than AMD or Nvidia.
They must be good beacuse the stock situation is worse than Nvidia.

Associate
Good and bad news, Nvidia face shortage with ampere until march 2021 (Bad).
Good news for amd to sell even more big navis.
Bad due to now demand will be even worse for cards
Good as amd make more money
Bad as Christmas is cancelled due to corona

Associate
Good and bad news, Nvidia face shortage with ampere until march 2021 (Bad).
Good news for amd to sell even more big navis.
Bad due to now demand will be even worse for cards
Good as amd make more money
Bad as Christmas is cancelled due to corona

so are we net good or bad?

Also if xmas is cancelled does that mean spending your money on Graphics card instead of presents is ok?

Associate
Also if xmas is cancelled does that mean spending your money on Graphics card instead of presents is ok?

And where does that leave me if I was going to buy myself a new GPU (6800XT if benchmarks stack up) as a present for Christmas? Oh who am I kidding... Christmas is an excuse, I need a GPU upgrade anyway, the challenge is more about getting hold of one before Christmas.

Associate
And where does that leave me if I was going to buy myself a new GPU (6800XT if benchmarks stack up) as a present for Christmas? Oh who am I kidding... Christmas is an excuse, I need a GPU upgrade anyway, the challenge is more about getting hold of one before Christmas.

I think a 6800XT is possible but a 6900XT? Good luck, but thankfully the 6800XT is the sweet spot for perf/cost.

Associate
A bit disappointed cyberpunk won't have ray tracing possible for amd cards at launch but hopefully that update will arrive fast. Wouldn't mind waiting a bit to play it the best way possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom