• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
dont know whats worse, Server stability or OCUK's price gouging, Not a single penny from me to this place.

Yup, this is why in general I stopped using OCUK years ago and try to buy elsewhere. I can't at all remember the last time OCUK was competitive on price.

I do wish AMD went around saying any retailers who price above the stated price from them doesn't get stock for the next launch. Retailers price gouging is a joke tbh but OCUK always did it and worse still it was always them that did it first and then other retailers adjust their prices upwards. As someone else said these cards were actually cheap, listed at £600-620 for the XT which is pretty decent pricing considering the US price for $650 when you factor in tax.

The issue is AMD doesn't get a penny of the extra £80 mark up only OCUK do.

Pet Northerner
Don
I don't understand how I've ordered the exact same card at 14:34:00 and been charged £679

y4mjNCxnEoxAIHqm1jrpvedg4VBDePo-FU9_CY4d5gtoHrFJnPOgU_6Sikf_RS_Jhi71n8CtVy5UP9xZPI63xeViRRk_PKS54rKM2f1Dfqf-uiLXXYCd4kj_lvQ4ho7E_HgCaiHje6k012lyyvWjEAV4fF7fACP9GGqY3CLt9bHTU9bCz69atVZtsvBEyEPm9Jg
edit for clarity: his is not the XT

Caporegime
Managed to get 1 of each. Too scared to cancel one though until I see them ship, just in case retailer decides to cancel the other one instead, I guess I'll wait and see.

RT performance actually is fine outside of the path-traced examples like Minecraft. Even in Control I see the 6800 = 3070 with DXR on @ 1080p which is the only resolution where you'll see 60 fps anyway, and in newer titles it's clear there's lots of optimisation to get AMD back up, like in Dirt 5 where it actually pulls ahead of Ampere EVEN with DXR on.

It's freaking great!
Grats dude, you did well to get on of each. Direct from AMD?

Associate
Got a 6800XT direct from AMD DE.

Got it just in time before the site totally wigged out. 6800s were available for quite a while.

Was trying to check out with a 5600X (they put up a few units of each 5xxx after the GPUs were gone), but by that time the site was borked. Went through Paypal about 6 or 7 times, then pressed checkout, only for it to wig out on Captcha each time.

Associate
What an absolute shower of s..t. Price Gouging, Unusable website. original tweet didn't even have the correct links -- by the time you'd got through the ddos protection and refreshed a few times to go and check the tweet again to see they had updated it with the ACTUAL links it's too late.

Associate
managed to order the sapphire 6800 xt at 14.43 just had confirmation email through has anyone else got lucky? that was a tedious task!

Managed to get one at 14:36, money was taken and a confirmation email received. So I guess we are on the waiting list. I just hope they haven't taken a ridiculous amount of pre-orders like they did for the Nvidia series.

Soldato
Grats dude, you did well to get on of each. Direct from AMD?

Cheers! Nah, local retailer in the spooky Eastern half of the continent. :)

I'm curious to see performance in older titles at 5K. I'm actually anticipating that even more than newer games tbh, so the extra vram & great rasterization performance should help.

C'mon The Surge 5K 60 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom