• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I was going to add my own opinion and some fact based evidence to this “discussion”, but wow. This thread is a train wreck. I don’t know how those of you that aren’t blinkered or guided by blind faith in brand x, y, or z have the patience to keep it up. Can I suggest that you stop feeding the rabid trolls and fanboys and move on to posts where constructive discourse is valued? There are some reasonable individuals hidden in the steaming pile of excrement that this thread has become, and I worry that if you don’t escape soon the weight of, well, the makeup of this thread will crush the enthusiasm for the hobby out of you.

Very well said and agree.

Here is a tidbit of info for anyone looking to buy rdna 2. Based on my experience with Radeon cards in general. In order to get stable overclocks that don't fluctuate make sure you reapply the thermal paste that is more then 3 W/mk thermal conductivity. And replace the thermal pads with something like Fujipoly Ultra Extreme which offers thermal conductivity 17.0 W/mK. The thickness is important though. Usually you can get away with 1.5m. You can either research it, ask the aib or measure. For me i had some laying around and found an exact match.

So far with everything on stock the temps at desktop are 30c with the fan ram at 0. When in game it maxed out stock click with very little fluctuations in gpu frequency. Fan speed is well below 2k ram. Performance is much better leaving me no reason to oc unless I am benching.

Imo, Radeon cards appear to be a bit more sensitive to thermals. The lower you get those temps. with a better thermal pad and paste the more performant they are.

I expect no different with the 6000 series.

Soldato
So much hate for Nvidia even though you have been told again and again that RT is not proprietary :rolleyes:

I think it's a good game, but that's not what we are discussing. It's the level of graphical fidelity achieved with RT that's on topic. Please try to keep up :p

What post by @Grim5 are you referring? Where did I lie?

How could I answer for CDPR's decissions? You claimed Ampere can't do certain tasks at the same time. I linked a couple of videos showing you to be wrong. What answer are you looking for?

I've only turned RT off to take the random screen shots. So far it doesn't look any worse than any other title without RT.

From what I've heard the only big problem with the launch is on the old consoles. Are you now telling me that AMD cards can't run the game?

What the heck are you smoking? It sounds like you are going through some mental breakdown. What made you think Nvidia were involved with the consoles?

east coast is having a breakdown and is now blaming Nvidia for AMD's consoles not having enough power. Nvidia is the big bad wolf that controls the entire game industry, every bad game is somehow Jensen's fault, he personally willed it so.

Associate
CAn't understand what happened to enthusiasts that were enthusiastic about all PC tech, Red or Green, helping with settings on older tech. Hell, even an LCD hater just up the page as they like to feel superior with an OLED. STOP buying LCD rubbish - Whut?

This forum used to be a goldmine of help and knowledge - now it's a minefield of one-upmanship.
It's almost as if the hidden hands of some invisible Corporation have infiltrated the forums to use as a platform for viral marketing and cheerleading of their products.

Permabanned
It's almost as if the hidden hands of some invisible Corporation have infiltrated the forums to use as a platform for viral marketing and cheerleading of their products.

Well, yes, the majority of consumers, even the smart ones (I mean in other disciplines like law, medicine, etc), don't understand a thing in PC technology Nor have they willingness to read a little bit more, want everything done by someone else for them - enter the store and buy the first offer by the first sales representative in the store, exit the store and ask the first met person to configure their Windows because they can't. They don't have their own opinion - but in many cases they do have very large egos.

Soldato
Well, yes, the majority of consumers, even the smart ones (I mean in other disciplines like law, medicine, etc), don't understand a thing in PC technology Nor have they willingness to read a little bit more, want everything done by someone else for them - enter the store and buy the first offer by the first sales representative in the store, exit the store and ask the first met person to configure their Windows because they can't. They don't have their own opinion - but in many cases they do have very large egos.

Why you got a laptop then?

Associate
Are you suggesting its not been done to death?

Or you feel there's something left at the bottom of the pot to stir.

Oh yeah i found this on an interview:
"What can you tell us about the implementation of real-time ray tracing on PC? Also, can you reveal the hardware that ran this E3 2019 demo?

Ray Tracing was on [in the demo]. We were showing off Ray Traced Emissives, Sky Light, and Ambient Occlusion. However, I’ve seen super impressive screenshots internally about raytracing (they get sent out in a digest e-mail), so we’re clearly still working on it as they looked more impressive than what I remember seeing in the demo. Especially at night and with neon reflections. NVIDIA also has representatives and work with our studio to continue to improve and utilize this technology, similar to The Witcher 3 and Hairworks."

They did a pretty good job with Hairworks back then and they are doing a good job with RT now. :D

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Closing this whilst I sort through the RTMs.

It’s gone so far off topic that it’s basically a cyberpunk thread and we’ve got too many of those soooooo....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom