The toy that never was

Soldato
***Thread Revival for 2012***

What is the one childhood toy that you wanted but you never got?

For me and strangely I found out last night my girlfriend it was Mr Frosty!

b00005nk2001lzzzzzzzna6.jpg

I have no idea why I wanted it really, looking at it now there was very little fun to be had in crunching up bits of ice and putting some e number ridden colouring over it. But every time I saw the advert on TV I knew I wanted one.

My parents told me it was rubbish at the time (as did my girlfriend's she tells me). My parents were right of course but I would still be well excited if I got one for christmas.

So whats the toy you always wanted but never got?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'm amazed the number of people who wanted one but didn't have a Mr Frosty, yet Fisher Price still sell them.

Fisher Price CEO:
"We're going to keep making them until someone buys one, I don't care if it takes 30 years god damn it"

I guess the "demand" has always been high even if the sales were not :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
schnipps said:
A raleigh Vecta bike, it was the white one with the radio on and everything, however there is no mention of it anywhere.

Was there a black one too called something like a firefox that had a sound box on it?

Soldato
OP
Just remembered about this thread, it's probably my most favourite ever and with it being the right time of year I thought it might be worth a revival!

Was that self indulgent of me?

Soldato
OP
It's that time of the year again, so for anyone who missed this thread a couple of years ago I am resurrecting it.

Some great stuff in here...

Back
Top Bottom