• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Turing RTX 2070 Owners Thread

Associate
I have just installed the Gigabyte Windforce card and I can say it's a great upgrade for me.

I won't be doing much bench marking but because cpu bottle necking is a concern I did a basic comparison using Sniper Elite 4 in the Rifle Range. This is at 1080p using the ultra preset on D3D11

i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz
16GB RAM
HD 7970 Ghz OC

NMDQvHe.jpg

RTX 2070

xHSCPMa.jpg

In the campaign cpu usage was around 70% with some spikes upto 100%, however the gpu was at a consistent 99% so I don't think it's being bottle necked in SE4 at least but is very close. I'll decide whether to upgrade the cpu in January but I think anyone with a one or two generation newer better cpu will be fine with this card for games.

The 1080 comparisons don't interest me as I am not going to buy a previous gen card, if there was a massive difference in price/performance then rather than getting the older card I would have just stumped up for the 2080.

Soldato
I have just installed the Gigabyte Windforce card and I can say it's a great upgrade for me.
Mines here too, lad wants a new PC for Xmas so bought a WF too, MSI one has warranty void stickers and Evga black is a short stubby PCB job made to look big so WF seemed the most logical choice in case the fans are too loud I can swap the cooler.

Hoping I don't have to but can't see it being as quiet as the Zotac Extremely as that cooler is an utter beast of a cooler

Nice hearing your happy with it.

Man of Honour
Yeah I saw that on some video benchmarks earlier, surprised me tbh. Wasn't just a little bit either, 10/15% down!

Maybe just immature drivers but there was a few cases where it was barely 1070 performance let alone 1080 while in other places was 10% ahead of the 1080.

Soldato
Maybe just immature drivers but there was a few cases where it was barely 1070 performance let alone 1080 while in other places was 10% ahead of the 1080.

Hitman my 1070 is just faster, but FC5 the 2070 avg is higher than max fps on the 1070, FC5 was on the review list, Hitman wasn't so presuming they have fine tuned X amount of titles with hopefully the rest to come.

Early impression I wasn't impressed naturally as Hitman was the first comparison but FC5 has redeemed it-tonight anyway, but also hadn't taken into account my 1070 stock boosts to 2GHz whereas this 2070 needs +160 to take it to 1980, don't think it's going to hit 2Ghz though.

Bit meh but knew that was going to be the case over a 1070.

Don
This thread is for people who have the card or would like to discuss the card. A lot of effort is put in to creating these threads so please take the general moaning to a separate discussion.

Associate
2070 or vega 64, at the minute price is so close, i do play a lot of assetto corsa in vr with nvidia having the edge in vr from that Simultaneous Multi-Projection technology. What you guys think?. (I am not really a company knob jockey so either red or green it don't matter.)

Back
Top Bottom