• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Turing RTX Titan Owners Thread

Man of Honour
OP
Beautiful pics of your cards Kaapstad.

kIHu4kP.jpg

Thanks.:)

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

tAs9CXO.jpg

Date 22/12/2018, Make NVidia Reference, Maldoror, Link
Date 22/12/2018, Make NVidia Reference, mk17, Link
Date 20/12/2018, Make NVidia Reference, Kaapstad, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your RTX Titan.

Associate
Pic of doing some testing using my developed shunt mod. RTX Titan (on air for a few more minutes) vs blocked 2080 Ti. RTX Titan is faster in my testing still on air versus the water 2080 Ti.

It worked out better than I could have hope for. RTX Titan is pulling almost identical wattage as my 380w BIOS 2080 Ti. So I gained a nice bit of power headroom. Best part about my shunt mod is it's cheap, reversible with nail polish remover, no chance of running/dripping, no soldering, and no gallium so it won't dissolve the solder on the OEM 5MO shunts. I'll post more pics once I get the EK block on the RTX Titan after dinner.

attachment.php

Man of Honour
OP
Pic of doing some testing using my developed shunt mod. RTX Titan (on air for a few more minutes) vs blocked 2080 Ti. RTX Titan is faster in my testing still on air versus the water 2080 Ti.

It worked out better than I could have hope for. RTX Titan is pulling almost identical wattage as my 380w BIOS 2080 Ti. So I gained a nice bit of power headroom. Best part about my shunt mod is it's cheap, reversible with nail polish remover, no chance of running/dripping, no soldering, and no gallium so it won't dissolve the solder on the OEM 5MO shunts. I'll post more pics once I get the EK block on the RTX Titan after dinner.

attachment.php

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

tAs9CXO.jpg

Date 07/01/2019, Make NVidia Reference, Vega, Link
Date 22/12/2018, Make NVidia Reference, Maldoror, Link
Date 22/12/2018, Make NVidia Reference, mk17, Link
Date 20/12/2018, Make NVidia Reference, Kaapstad, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your RTX Titan.

Associate
So this is the stuff (pen):

https://system.na3.netsuite.com/core/media/media.nl?id=1693&c=ACCT113328&h=1843a7fed4014191ddd7&_xt=.pdf

I scraped the top surface of the ends of the 5MO shunts (to remove and flux/contamination). Then I cleaned the shunts with alcohol to make sure the surface was nice and clean so the compound could stick well. I covered the entire surface of the 5MO shunts with about .5mm of the circuit writer. Pen is very easy to use, just push the head in and squeeze pen body. I put on just enough before it started to get too liquid/thick to want to spill off the shunt.

This stuff is rated at < 0.020 ohm/sq/mil, so if you lay it on thick it works well. My RTX Titan is now pulling 370-380 watts.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Associate
Appears I have the fastest ambient water 4K superposition GPU run on the leader-boards. 2175 MHz RTX Titan, it's ~10% faster than my water cooled 2080 Ti. Looks like I got a sweet card.

attachment.php

Back
Top Bottom