1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Volta Titan V Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Kaapstad, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Smffy

Mobster

Intrigued by the afterburner comments... I’ve always found precision annoying and buggy when it comes to stuff like starting with the OS in the right profiles but recently moved to MSI and seems better. But now I might have to go back ;)

2. Silent_Scone

Capodecina

Assuming that GPU Boost 3.0 works the same as it did on Pascal, then it simply unlocks the higher voltage points available along the curve. Whether you have access to them depends on if any of the applications have been updated to read the voltage controller yet

3. Vega

Wise Guy

I've messed with the voltage curves, doesn't seem to do anything. Adding +100% core voltage on the slider didn't seem to do anything either for my overclock-ability.

4. Kaapstad

Man of Honour

The card is just sat in the case in slot 3 with another one in slot 1.

I am not blowing any cold air on the cards.

For the next few days I have to work so I will have not much time to do anything with the cards until the weekend.

5. TNA

Capodecina

Just had look, only two people have it :p

6. Kaapstad

Man of Honour

7. ubersonic

Capodecina

There's something fishy there. If one card performs the same at 16x and 8x then that means if two cards perform differently at 16x and 8x it's a board issue or something else skewing the data (I.E an issue with the benchmark?) not a difference between 16x and 8x.

8. JediFragger

Capodecina

Who cares? Normal people aren't going to experience this bottleneck so why give a ****!!! :p

9. ubersonic

Capodecina

Because it's an obvious error in the test, something they should have caught before making the video.

10. Kaapstad

Man of Honour

The CPU they are using is not the best for SLI.

My 6950X is noticeably better than my 7980XE in mGPU.

11. Dicehunter

Capodecina

Out of curiosity as I may have ordered something from the Nvidia store, What is the processing and actual waiting time for UK customers please peeps ?

12. Kaapstad

Man of Honour

About 2 or 3 working days.:)

13. Dicehunter

Capodecina

Thanks bud, Read some horror stories about Digital River, Made me nervous ordering through them, Some people being told they have to wait 60 days even though there's stock etc.....

14. Kaapstad

Man of Honour

15. purecain

Associate

ive just managed to pick up one of these cards for £2000 a couple of months old.
    it's delivery is tomorrow(hopefully) and ive already sold my old titan x pascal for £750.
    So for £1250 ive managed to upgrade to volta…

I know we have some new cards coming out, but they will only be cut down GeForce versions with ddr5 and i'm sure the next ti is way off in the future.
    I wanted the smoother gameplay aswell as the tensor cores for gpp. after many years I decided to start learning how to code with python r and html... to begin with. I like the look of the robotics programming so I decided to blow some dough! good choice or have I wasted my money? what do you owners think?

16. TNA

Capodecina

Welcome to the club. Population: you....

.... and Kaapstad! :p

17. mid_gen

Sgarrista

Well at least someone's actually going to be using it for what it's designed for...beastly card for ML, worth every penny.

18. Kaapstad

Man of Honour

Seeing a Titan V running some of the pro benchmarks is jaw dropping compared to Pascal. A single Titan V can totally destroy a PC with 4 Titan Xp cards.

19. mid_gen

Sgarrista

I don't think people scoffing at the price understand what a bargain it is for machine learning applications that can use all the tensor cores. It's miles cheaper than the equivalent 4+ titans Xp, easier to power, easier to work with (only one gpu). I'm sure they've been flying off the shelves.....just not to gamers!

20. One Vision

Wise Guy

How much are these?