The Walking Dead - Dead City

• Thread starter Thread starter Kyo
  • Start date Start date
Very slow start and totally scratching my head on how they ended up seperated and in the city; had to do a recap via youtube.

CGI city is pretty bad, boring intro with little explanation as to what was going on, but it did start to get better. Spoilers:

Neegan: *cockroaches* Noooooope (funny line)

"What? Walkers falling from the sky now".

Raffie - oh FFS :(, next she gets chomped, yey!!!

Decent start.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyo
I'm mildly surprised this is still going, I stopped watching the original show around the time Rick lost the plot in the prison. It just seemed to be the same thing over and over, I enjoyed the first season of Fear the Walking Dead but quit after the second.

I'm guessing there's not much point in my giving this a shot?

I'm mildly surprised this is still going, I stopped watching the original show around the time Rick lost the plot in the prison. It just seemed to be the same thing over and over, I enjoyed the first season of Fear the Walking Dead but quit after the second.

I'm guessing there's not much point in my giving this a shot?
Neegan was captured and imprisoned. Redeemed and forgiven by all except Maggie - but in the last season they worked well together, hence Dead City.

Walking Dead World Beyond: we saw limited intelligence walkers (pick things up, climb etc) and in the final episode we see someone take down a scientist in Paris and they turned very quickly and was a walker runner aka fast zombies. Daryl is on his way to Paris (not Euro Disney) in the Daryl Dixon spin off.

Fear the Walking Dead: final season and just started on a mid season break. Alicia has been missing the entire season to date, Maddison is back with asthma and it has become the Morgan show. We were left on a cliff hanger with a mysterious figure............

Rick is currently captive to the Civil Republic Military and Michonne and MORGAN! are the cavalry about to save him - in the Rick Grimes TV spin off (was meant to be a trilogy of movies, but hey have left it so long everyone has lost interest).

You're all caught up - start Dead City if you wish :)

Last edited:
Neegan was captured and imprisoned. Redeemed and forgiven by all except Maggie - but in the last season they worked well together, hence Dead City.

Walking Dead World Beyond: we saw limited intelligence walkers (pick things up, climb etc) and in the final episode we see someone take down a scientist in Paris and they turned very quickly and was a walker runner aka fast zombies. Daryl is on his way to Paris (not Euro Disney) in the Daryl Dixon spin off.

Fear the Walking Dead: final season and just started on a mid season break. Alicia has been missing the entire season to date, Maddison is back with asthma and it has become the Morgan show. We were left on a cliff hanger with a mysterious figure............

Rick is currently captive to the Civil Republic Military and Michonne and MORGAN! are the cavalry about to save him - in the Rick Grimes TV spin off (was meant to be a trilogy of movies, but hey have left it so long everyone has lost interest).

You're all caught up - start Dead City if you wish :)

Hah.

Thanks for the break down, I might as well give it a shot.

I stopped watching WD a while ago, but I do remember Negan killing Glen. Now Negan is running round with Maggie??

Yup - Glenn was killed S7 and finished on S11. Everyone wanted to execute Neegan, but Rick was a cop and so wanted justice - Neegan was imprisoned for years. Maggie and Carol used Neegan in later seasons to get dirty work done (no, not servicing the ladies with his own 'baseball bat'). Maggie told him, she knew he had changed, but she would never forgive him.

Maggie now needs Neegan again and so it's team M-eegan.

Last edited:
I think part of what killed the original for me was finding out that Glenn died, I just didn't feel like picking it up again. Don't get me wrong, it's part and parcel of this sort of show that anyone can and probably will die. I just found everyone else somewhere between seriously unlikeable or completely uninteresting. Glenn was pretty much the only one left that I actually had any investment in

It's why I was willing to give the spin off a shot despite dropping the main series.

As I said, no harm in giving the new one a shot and checking out an episode or two.

Fear the Walking Dead and WD both fell apart into lengthy sessions of meh throughout later series and episodes to the point where all the interesting characters died out leaving not much to watch.

At least Dead City so far is geared exclusively around two interesting characters that still remained. I can't see it being more than 1 season though given the mission objective. So far it's good as a season opener though for sure and the gore and violence is up there with the best of them.

So Neegan has still got it :eek:

He missing the new Lucille and he is complete.

Don't buy TV's Negan explanation how he only did what he did to put on a show to hold on to power. Negan from the source material was a evil dictator that took full advantage of the situation, building the saviours to rule the new world. He did what he wanted and took what he wanted, Anyone that got in his way met Lucille or worse. He was not a good guy at all.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: mrk
Bring it on! One of the main reasons I watched most of TWD was because I was hyped to see what unthinkable things Neegan would do next :D

Reactions: Kyo
Yup - Glenn was killed S7 and finished on S11.
I havent watched TWD in years but to be fair to it there's a few scenes that have stuck with me when they went proper dark. Negan killing Glen for one, but most of all the scene in Terminus where they're in the slaughterhouse all lined up in front of the trough waiting to get executed :(

Back
Top Bottom