The Walking Dead Season 2.

Caporegime
I'm mighty concerned.

Several members of crew seem to have left (including show runner Darabont)

They just need better writers, Series 1 was ok but it wasn't as good as the comics.

Soldato
Season 1 episode 1 and the final episode were great, the rest was pure filler.

I hope they get dark in this season, the comics have some seriously disturbing plot twists and would be great if the show has the balls to follow it.

Soldato
Generally agree with the above.

EP1 was great and last one was decent. But for a series about a zombie apocalypse there seemed to be a distinct lack of zombies.

Hopefully S2 will go overkill on the undead action but somehow I can it carrying on where S1 left off.

No idea about the the path the comics take either because I don't read them

Soldato
I think I spied a couple of locations in the trailer that are in the comics - I've got the hardbacks. Some of the comic is in the series but others aren't. Not sure whether the differences are necessary but hey ho.

I'm looking forward to it and hope that it doesn't get canned. The problem with sci-fi/horror - good scifi/horror now, not gaylord vampires and pantie wetting warewolves. Its just anything like this that comes on TV, if one fan slates, they all do. Its like its fashionable to **** anything off in this genre.

With it being a series, you need pacing and S1 at times seemed too slow but if its full on then you'd have folk complaining about the lack of character development.

Soldato
hopefully there will be zombies in this next series.

the first series got less and less zombies until they did and episode with none and then thought "oh crap we forgot the zombies" and then put one in at the end.

just watched the trailer.

i thought in season one they butchered a zombie and covered them selves in it to hide the 'human' smell to sneak past but it rained (what are the odds) and washed off the zombie blood etc. now they hide under a load of cars and the zombies walk right past. come on...

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Does anyone know where you can buy the comic books?
And I have to agree on the fact that the episode had less and less zombies as they went on but I still thought it was great.

Associate
Looks quite good, I liked the first season. They've got 13 episodes to fill this time though so I can imagine it getting a little boring.

Associate
People talking about the lack of zombies need to read The Walking Dead, it's less about the zombies and more about the struggle to get some sort of a semblance of "normal" life.

But I agree, after the first two episodes, season one was dire.

Associate
OP
People talking about the lack of zombies need to read The Walking Dead, it's less about the zombies and more about the struggle to get some sort of a semblance of "normal" life.

But I agree, after the first two episodes, season one was dire.

Why do you think that it was dire after the first 2 episodes?
The only episode that I thought was kinda rubbish was the last one.

Back
Top Bottom