• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Only AMD 3xx series card that will beat what is around just now is the R9 390x. The rest are just rebrands. The R9 390x will likely cost somewhere in the region of £600, with perhaps the GTX 980 ti somewhere just above that.

Unless you are looking to spend those kinds of bucks on a card, then no point in waiting.....

Not really - about £300ish. Even if the new cards aren't much of an improvement, I'm thinking the prices of current cards may drop a bit ;)

Soldato
Can I ask what settings you are running at?

I'm running pretty much the same set up. Looking forward to finishing work and trying it out.

I have the same spec dude, it runs amazingly

Ive only tried 1080p atm and holds a solid 60fps with most zettings on ultra and 2 or 3 on high. No hair effects though not tried that.

I can tell you specifics when im home

Caporegime
My spec;

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.50GHz
Microsoft Windows 8 64-Bit
Corsair Hydro H70
Samsung 250GB SSD 840 EVO x2
MSI GeForce GTX 980 Gaming Edition
MSI Z77IA-E53 Intel Z77
Kingston HyperX Blu 16GB 1600MHz
BitFenix Prodigy 'Tiger' Mini-ITX Cube Case - Orange/Black
Corsair Builder Series CX 600w Modular

Soldato
i5 2500k and 670 2gb here
On high with hair turned off getting 45fps+ in all areas I've been too.
Played a couple of hours and as I thought, bored after awhile, the combat is still clunky feeling, delayed reactions. Its better than witcher 2 was but its still not good enough for decent combat.
Graphics are nice, i'll say that.
Glad I didn't buy it, boring to me just like the other 2.

Permabanned
i5 2500k and 670 2gb here
On high with hair turned off getting 45fps+ in all areas I've been too.
Played a couple of hours and as I thought, bored after awhile, the combat is still clunky feeling, delayed reactions. Its better than witcher 2 was but its still not good enough for decent combat.
Graphics are nice, i'll say that.

Can't moan at you for not liking a game, but "delayed reactions" is a no. That is a setting or something your end I am afraid. Setting is probs to turn on hardware cursor in graphics options.

Caporegime
The Full colour map with the physical disc is neat. (weird ass dimensions though...but i guess creative liberties and all.)

Last edited:
Associate

I think it's a fair bet that you wouldn't like this if you didn't like the first two witcher games :rolleyes: Also probably not a good idea to infer that you pirated this.

Anyone got any thoughts about what kind of performance i'll get on a R9 290?

The published specs seem pretty steep for the Nvidia cards which it has been optimised for so not holding out much hope for the ATI cards.

Permabanned
I think it's a fair bet that you wouldn't like this if you didn't like the first two witcher games :rolleyes:

Anyone got any thoughts about what kind of performance i'll get on a R9 290?

The published specs seem pretty steep for the Nvidia cards which it has been optimised for so not holding out much hope for the ATI cards.

Not necessarily, I didn't like the first two as combat was crap. this one looks much improved. :)

RaV

RaV

Associate
I think its time to upgrade my gtx 470! :D
Managing mid 30's to 40's at 1050p with with most things on medium or turned off. Dialogue look good but the world does seem to feel a bit flat at these settings.

Back
Top Bottom