• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Thermal Grizzly's new WireView Pro

Soldato
Not seen or heard a lot about these but we recently got some sponsorship and collaborative work with Thermal Grizzly so we dived into their new WireView Pro's. Currently only 2 variants available and only available for the 12hvpwr connector though i don't have word whether these will be released for the older 8pin pcie connectors like the older WireView.

Straight easy installation, pretty much treat it as an adapter by plugging the psu side cable into the WireView Pro first and then plug the adapter into the GPU. It's a little tight at first so might require a little wiggle. I installed this on a GPU with a stock cooler and a waterblock and both had no issues. I know the previous versions had issues with it fouling on the waterblock itself but they seem to have remedied this in the Pro version. The test blocks were EK's Quantum Vector2 and Heatkillers V Pro waterblocks, the EK block had next to no room where as the Heatkiller V Pro had plenty of space remaining, especially to reach the release latch for the connector.

The WireView Pro features all of the older monitoring stats plus some new ones:

•Temperature sensors at power connectors
•External temperature sensors
•Sensor pin detection
•Alarm function

Both older and newer versions still use the OLED Display too.

The biggest change for me personally is the Sensor pin detection to avoid burn outs and potential overheating, though the new Pro also comes with Alarm functions to warn you of overheating thresholds which you can manually set. The unit can also detect how much the current cable can supply by displaying the wattage it is capable of. It can detect whether the cable/psu plugged in is capable of supplying 150w, 300w, 450w or 600w, this does not include the power consumption through the pcie slot however.

Additionally, the WireView Pro comes with 2 extra temperature sensors in different lengths (5cm and 20cm) that can be attached to the back of the monitoring unit for measuring for instance, Ambient temps or intake/exhaust temps.

Overall very well built, solid plastics and the connector itself is attached to the PCB via metal legs which adds to it's rigidity and further improves it's strength.

You sure get to play with some cool stuff!! I dread to ask but how much is this going to retail at?

It's fantastic mate, really gives me the opportunity to do some cool stuff with it all especially on the mod side of my builds! Plus i get cool merch! :D

This retails for about $76 so UK pricing would be £69.99 maybe? Haven't seen it available in the UK yet though.

More or less £70, ouch, I suppose you are getting a multifunction component as it does all the live display stuff plus you are getting a 180 degree connector that hopefully won't melt. It would be nice if they did a 8 pin or 2x 8 pin version as well. I have live power draw on my fan controller but it would be extra useful to see how much the gpu alone is pulling without going into software like Afterburner. Are they going to do 8 pin EPS and 24 pin motherboard versions as well? I like live power displays!!

More or less £70, ouch, I suppose you are getting a multifunction component as it does all the live display stuff plus you are getting a 180 degree connector that hopefully won't melt. It would be nice if they did a 8 pin or 2x 8 pin version as well. I have live power draw on my fan controller but it would be extra useful to see how much the gpu alone is pulling without going into software like Afterburner. Are they going to do 8 pin EPS and 24 pin motherboard versions as well? I like live power displays!!

Looks that way, the GBP price usually isn't that far off the USD price. I think the old one was slightly cheaper but not by much.

Yeah they did a 8 pin and dual 8 pin versions for the older version so i suspect they will do the same for the Pro too.. Though some of the functions are really exclusive to the 12vhpwr connector for instance, detecting how much power the cable connected delivers whether its 150. 300, 450 or 600w.

It's an accurate read on the wireview, it also stores data so you can look back on it. I've noticed my 4090 FE will spike upto 547w which is recorded by the wireview as a max output. Pretty insane!

No idea on the EPS and 24pin, maybe it's in the works but i've not heard anything.

Also OLED screen so its really bright and clear, though best to leave the setting on cycling to avoid burn in.

Back
Top Bottom