Thermal pads recommendation needed

Associate
Any recommendations for replacement pads for GPU waterblock?
I need some 0.5mm and 1mm for Fets and Mem ICs..
Currently got the original EK stuff fitted but want to repaste the GPU and they bound to have degraded some so would like to swap for something better.

Thanks!

Associate
I used Gelid extreme, they compress a little bit more than the Gelid Ultimate so will tolerate manufacturing tolerances better and they have better thermal conductivity than the Thermal Grizzly Minus 8 pads, W/mK 8 vs W/mK 12 for the Gelid Extreme.

Soldato
I installed Gelid extreme on the back PCB of 3080 and they literally melt if need to remove later on hassle cleaning it off needed to use brush and IPA and careful not to put too much pressure with small capacitors took me good while, no issue if applying on vram or solid surface

Associate
I installed Gelid extreme on the back PCB of 3080 and they literally melt if need to remove later on hassle cleaning it off needed to use brush and IPA and careful not to put too much pressure with small capacitors took me good while, no issue if applying on vram or solid surface
Mine weren't too bad effect I changed from the 3080 to the 3080ti, a little bit of a faff compared to the pads Nvidia use but I didn't find them that bad.

Soldato
Mine weren't too bad effect I changed from the 3080 to the 3080ti, a little bit of a faff compared to the pads Nvidia use but I didn't find them that bad.

I did the back PCB of the 3080fe behind the vram was waste of time didn't do much for the temps and some other parts of the back PCB as guides suggested was nightmare cleaning it , had to use brush with IPA and do it gently with it melted between the capacitors

No issue removing it from vram and vrm

Redid with gelid ultimate 1.5mm on vram side and 2mm ultimate on back PCB just replacing where the stock pads were

Redid it because the hotspot increased over 6 months , and was recommended to use syy157 as it's thicker less prone to pump out overtime

Associate
I haven't checked my temps and got spots for a while so I will have a look and see how it's holding up from when I first did it.
Like you I followed the guides and did the back of the PCB and yes it was more difficult but mine hadn't melted, just a bit more difficult to remove and clean.
I did wonder whether to do the back of the PCB or not as I had seen a few guides on other manufacturers that didn't have as many pads on as the EK FE blocks but I went ahead anyway.

Soldato
I haven't checked my temps and got spots for a while so I will have a look and see how it's holding up from when I first did it.
Like you I followed the guides and did the back of the PCB and yes it was more difficult but mine hadn't melted, just a bit more difficult to remove and clean.
I did wonder whether to do the back of the PCB or not as I had seen a few guides on other manufacturers that didn't have as many pads on as the EK FE blocks but I went ahead anyway.

since re doing it with syy157 paste at first the hotspot delta to gpu temps were solidly at 10c now after maybe 6 months its 12c-13c which is still fine just hoping thats where it stops

Associate
since re doing it with syy157 paste at first the hotspot delta to gpu temps were solidly at 10c now after maybe 6 months its 12c-13c which is still fine just hoping thats where it stops
I did mine with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaught and the GPU temp delta to hotspot was 3c and now it is 9c after around nine months so it`s still holding up well

Soldato
+1 for gelid extreme.

The ultimates give marginally better temps but they are much firmer, the extremes are are slightly softer so are more forgiving with mounting pressure etc

Associate
OP
Has anyone heard or used stuff from T Global Technology? I discovered some stuff I bought from electronics distributor companies a while back and if memory serves me right it was like one of the highest conductive stuff I've come across. Don't recall using it in the build anywhere though as this was in my electronics project box ;)

Back
Top Bottom