Thermalright IFX-14

Soldato
From what I have seen, the thermalright coolers can fit on most sockets, but are sold with different combiantions of mounts. Here is the AMD mounted option of the IFX-14 on OCUK.

Personally I would recommend the Corsair H50 or the Megahalems (plus AMD mount). Both are amazing coolers with very good AM2+ mounting systems.

Associate
OP
Yea i spotted the AM2 one afterwards lol.

I would love the Corsair H50 but its really is a turn off having to contact Corsair to get the mounting bracket. I would like to get everything in the one bundle and be up and running ASAP.

whilst the MEgahalems looks very good, the extra cost of the AM2 bracket is again a turn off, as I also need to buy a fan extra.

Associate
OP
Just looked in my PC case, and I don't think I will have room to utilise the rear heatsink. Should I still get the IFX and just install without the addition sink? Or go for the Ultra 120 instead?

Last edited:
Soldato
The mounting holes are 120mm, but they can only be used when mounting to the case. The TRUE holds onto the sides of a standard 120mm fan to keep it secured (which it couldn't do for that round 140mm fan). So going for a 120mm fan is the best bet with that cooler.

That akasa fan is supposed to be good, and seems to be going for a good price.

Back
Top Bottom