Thin Fans and 140mm width radiators

Associate
I've been fiddling recently trying to find "thin" fans to mount to a 420 radiator.

I found the following products:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cryo...ick-pwm-700-1300-rpm-fan-140mm-hs-00d-cy.html
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/prolimatech-ultra-sleek-vortex-fan-140mm-fg-009-pl.html

I'm concerned though that I won't be-able to mount them to a EK420SE given that the holes look like they're meant for 120 mounting. Has anyone bought either of the above fans? If so do they come with some sort of adapter? Else-wise are there any products you can recommend which are 140x140x15 with 140 mounting holes?

Thanks.

Soldato
Seems that every 140mm that is slim is mounted to 120mm. I can't find any that fit your requirements. Any adaptor would instantly put the slim fan back to a standard depth.

I assume this is going the top of a case and you are pushed for space?

Man of Honour
I would take those CFM figures with a massive pinch of salt, especially the Prolimatech. There is no way a 15mm thick 140mm fan spinning at a max of 1000rpm is going to deliver 98CFM of airflow and it certainly doesn't have the static pressure for a 22fpi radiator.

Associate
OP
Seems that every 140mm that is slim is mounted to 120mm. I can't find any that fit your requirements. Any adaptor would instantly put the slim fan back to a standard depth.

I assume this is going the top of a case and you are pushed for space?

Exactly, the air vents on the case are rather small (Should have thought twice before going be quiet) and the fans are within a few cm of a blue ray drive. Literally every mm of space makes a difference on this build unfortunately. I too am struggling to find anything, it seems as though Noctua thought about making a product similar to the one I want, but decided against it for some reason. Thermal take seems to no longer sell their 140 thin fans to OcUk.

Last edited:
Soldato
aerocool streamliner?

edit - actually while "slim" they are 20mm rather than the 15 you specified... so depending how tight you are on space may or may not work.

Back
Top Bottom