Things you've learnt or would like to learn

I spent years learning the French Horn whilst growing up and actually got to Grade 7 (second from top grade for those uninitiated) and for a short time considered an orchestral career, but I haven't played in years. I really must pick it up again as I think being able to competently play an instrument is one of the most satisfying things you can do.

I'd like to learn how to play the guitar. Only to propose to my girlfriend though. She's always asking me to sing but no one in my entire life has ever heard my voice... which I actually think is pretty decent and people seem to say I have nice voice in general, weirdly.

At the moment though, complex perspective renderings, car interiors, architectural interiors. Working my way there!

Just finishing PHP, MySQL & JavaScript.

What I am learning next (or resharpening the blade): Java: how to program (Deitel & Deitel). And some stuff on specification/regulation/structure which I've ignored before.

After that, I am going to learn some SDLC/Agile as I've ignored it up until now which hasn't done me any favours.

What I need to learn: Some dedication, hard work and persistence. Otherwise it wouldn't have taken me a month to get through a simple PHP book...

The third todo is probably the most important and most unlikely to happen.

I went through a phase of trying to learn French, but I let it slip. I've got a great exercise book, audio lessons over 10 cds and a HUGE French dictionary. I even have the time, its just I've lost the motivation.

I really ought to try it again though.

I've never been able to play an instrument so I recently (and I mean in the last couple of days) bought myself an electric guitar. So that is going to be my next conquest.

On a smaller scale I am currently learning how to solve a rubik's with no guidance. Once I've learned that, I will try to become better at speed solving it (working on the 3x3x3 currently).

Would like to learn Xcode myself for iPhone app development. Really just need to find the time to sit down and get my head into the books but never do.

Really regret not studying C harder in uni now too.

I went through a phase of trying to learn French, but I let it slip. I've got a great exercise book, audio lessons over 10 cds and a HUGE French dictionary. I even have the time, its just I've lost the motivation.

I really ought to try it again though.

Change French to German and thats me as well.
When I was working I went on a basic engineering course to learn the lathe, but have probably forgotten most of it now, and spent quite a large amount of money getting a HGV license, but have never put it to use. :(

I'd like to be able to Prove myself as a competent electrician and get some experience after spending a shed load of money and doing 3 and a half years in college training to be one, it's the only profession I want it's incredibly trying looking to even get in as a labourer/mate of sorts.

I also have some Turntables and really want to be able to mix but my PC is broken.

Back
Top Bottom