Things you've learnt or would like to learn

I'd love to learn Japanese due to interests. And I suppose Polish would be a good language too as there are a lot of Polish people where I work, And if i want to make my way to management it would be an advantage.

Electronics would be something else I'd like to learn.

I'd like to learn a form martial art just as a more entertaining form of exercise, rather than football and the gym...

I'm going to give Krav Maga a try. It's a form of street fighting that's been adopted by various police and military agencies around the world (including the FBI and Mossad, I think):

Guitar, more than anything. I've had a Fender Strat since 10 years old that my parents bought me, but I'm now nearly 21 and still can't play which is just terrible now I think of it. I just seem to spend all of my time doing other stuff like football, going out and being online (bloody Internet being so addictive :p) and unfortunately me trying to learn to play just keeps getting delayed. I'm determined to play it one day though. I would absolutely love to play along to my favourite songs.

I would also like to remember learn more about physics and space related topics. It's been a while since I first studied them.

Last edited:
It does. It's been designed to use your natural reflexes to your advantage and it's supposed to be quite easy to pick up (obviously I'm not expecting to get to his level).

It does. It's been designed to use your natural reflexes to your advantage and it's supposed to be quite easy to pick up (obviously I'm not expecting to get to his level).

It's a shame that former forums poster twoblacklines has been banned because that was one of the many forms of combat of which he was a master. He'd had more fights than you'd had hot dinners :mad:

Learning to play the guitar to a pretty decent standard has (I believe) brought happiness and pleasure to me, but more importantly, to a lot of people that I have performed to. The same is to be said about cooking.

Also, I am glad that I have learned how to argue, as a lot of the people that I intellectually fence with in person have no idea what they're doing. This makes me feel good. :)

I'd like to be able to drive, too.

I've no intention of getting a car but it just seems like one of those skills you should have.

Have any of you done any of those intensive driving courses? I don't have anyone to teach me, I don't even have a car I can borrow to practise with. Is that going to be a problem?

Back
Top Bottom