Think I wanna try abit of overclocking...

Permabanned
Specs are in my sig..

I reckon I wanna have a go at overclocking my graphics card and CPU..

How far could I go without needing additional cooling? Would I be able to go as far for me to notice a difference in speed? (Got the stock cooler on my cpu at the min)..

It's not that I refuse to buy any additional/better cooling but money isn't flowing at the minute so I'd need to wait :D..

Caporegime
Hlebio said:
Specs are in my sig..

I reckon I wanna have a go at overclocking my graphics card and CPU..

How far could I go without needing additional cooling? Would I be able to go as far for me to notice a difference in speed? (Got the stock cooler on my cpu at the min)..

It's not that I refuse to buy any additional/better cooling but money isn't flowing at the minute so I'd need to wait :D..

Are you actually finding your system slow in anything? I've got a 2.8Ghz single core opteron and the same GFX card and I've not bothered clocking the GPU yet, even though its watercooled, simply because I haven't found anything to challenge it yet.

Associate
yeah I only clocked my GFX to see what I could get out of it, most of the time it sits at stock though.

CPU overclock is worth it for windows based applications and loading times.

Soldato
Not sure about the gfx clocking, but you can certainly get some good results out of the CPU, even with the stock cooler (which is surprisingly good).

Take a look in this thread for information on clocking the 3800+. Without too much difficulty, you should get 2500MHz out of it. Mine is clocked to this at 1.4 VCore and load temps vary from 37-42, depending on room temp (although this is with a Zalman CNPS9500). Someone in the thread may have a very similar / the same setup as you, so you can use it as a guide.

Good luck with it :)

Back
Top Bottom