Thinking about buying a secretlabs..

Soldato
Anyone got one of the 'Evo' Titan 2022 series? Eyeing up the cookies and cream cloth variant, mine is getting a bit tired.

I'm really close to buying one but just struggling to decide on the material/colour. I figure the fabric will be better as it will be more breathable, but kinda prefer the look of the fake leather.

Not sure how useful my opinion will be anyway, coming from an old Argos office chair I've had for about 20 years! :)

Soldato
My Titan arrived last week and so far i'm very pleased with it. The post stating you only get the 3 - 5 yr extension if you post a positive review is completely wrong, all i did was post picture no review nothing and my warranty extension was confirmed today.

Holystone do they same with their free battery offer off the back of a review.

It's doesn't ask for a positive review, but we all know it skews the results.

These may be good chairs, but it's still poor practice from them.

Soldato
Holystone do they same with their free battery offer off the back of a review.

It's doesn't ask for a positive review, but we all know it skews the results.

These may be good chairs, but it's still poor practice from them.

It's not quite the same though as they're not asking for a review, they're asking you to post a picture on social media.

I agree they should just give the 5 years, but it seems more about getting free marketing from getting people to post about their purchase, than about getting their review scores up.

Tbh I'd probably prefer to have to do a review than announce my purchase to everyone.....

Soldato
I have an evo titan 2022 cookies and cream in size small, had it for two weeks now. Only concern is the lumbar support is still a bit creaky so need to try and sort that out. Arm rests are removable and it is super comfy once setup. Moved from a corsair t1 to this and so so so much better. Got a referral code that gives you £20 off (and me some free cleaning stuff in the interest of balence) so trust me if you go ahead with it!

Soldato
What made you choose the 2022 over the 2020?

Bigger number? :p

Internal lumbar support and magnetic head pillow looks smarter, intrigued what they'll do with the replaceable arm rests (no different ones available yet, they stay on with strong magnets and are easy to replace) and I just needed a new chair. And combining all their chairs into one (with different sizes) just made the whole process easier to follow.

Soldato
@carrot1401 I'd happily take your referal code if nobody else wants it. Definitely going to get one just can't decide between the black and cookies & cream.

Your comment about the creaky lumbar support is a bit worrying though, how much of an issue are you finding that?

Soldato
@carrot1401 I'd happily take your referal code if nobody else wants it. Definitely going to get one just can't decide between the black and cookies & cream.

Your comment about the creaky lumbar support is a bit worrying though, how much of an issue are you finding that?

Trust sent with referall code info :)

As for the sound, it's not 'omg I need to return this right now' bad, and not really noticeable. Just not really something I'd come to expect from a £300+ chair. However, it is new and I prefer it over a static cushion. Before I'd even received the chair, they were already sending emails about it:

When the in-built lumbar support is flexed, it may produce a sound.

Breaking-in the L-ADAPT lumbar system will help to remove the sound. To do so, set the lumbar support to its maximum depth and then adjust it from its maximum height to its minimum height a few times.

If the sound persists, please reply to this email so our support team will be able to help.

Def got better having done the above a few times, you have to really push on the support to make it creak. I also have confidence in their warranty support and that it will hold up, so if needed I may contact them but I'm still SUPER happy with my purchase :)

EDIT: Should add the sound is only noticeable when the lumbar support is stuck ALL the way out and you lean heavily on it

Associate
In looking at the Titan I may also have been sucked into getting a Magnus desk :eek: looks excellent from the reviews!

Let us know how you find it.
I was getting all glossy eyed over looking at the desk yesterday and also a new chair.
However with both being around £900 I thought best to use that money to upgrade from my i7 2600k build to a 5800X build. So new PC building it is for me.

I'm really tempted by the Dark Night PU Leather Chair, however is that choosing looks over comfort? The cookies and cream chair also looks nice in the softweave, but can see that not lasting as long.

I'm also not far off the weight limit of the medium size, so wondering if the larger chair is worth it or to stick to my weight range and get the medium and use it as a placeholder, to not put any more weight on.
They do look nice chairs, obv big price increase based on visuals and marketing.
The table looks cool too

Soldato
Trust sent with referall code info :)

As for the sound, it's not 'omg I need to return this right now' bad, and not really noticeable. Just not really something I'd come to expect from a £300+ chair. However, it is new and I prefer it over a static cushion. Before I'd even received the chair, they were already sending emails about it:

When the in-built lumbar support is flexed, it may produce a sound.

Breaking-in the L-ADAPT lumbar system will help to remove the sound. To do so, set the lumbar support to its maximum depth and then adjust it from its maximum height to its minimum height a few times.

If the sound persists, please reply to this email so our support team will be able to help.

Def got better having done the above a few times, you have to really push on the support to make it creak. I also have confidence in their warranty support and that it will hold up, so if needed I may contact them but I'm still SUPER happy with my purchase :)

EDIT: Should add the sound is only noticeable when the lumbar support is stuck ALL the way out and you lean heavily on it

Thanks, just placed my order using your code. I was still struggling to decide on the colour but have gone for cookies and cream, otherwise I'll just spend days trying to make up my mind.

Thanks for the extra info on the noise, that doesn't sound much of an issue, and I have heard good things about their support if its an issue.

I was a bit surprised they charged for shipping considering the price of the chair, what a cheek! :)

Associate
I'm thinking about getting the Dark Night seat. 6ft1 and 15st10 sounds like it's just on the borderline. May opt for the medium chair and hope it's suffice and I don't outgrow it.
Does anyone have a discount code?

Soldato
Absolute horses**t. You do not have to post a review to get extended warranty. Where on earth did you get that notion?

"Extend the warranty on your new Secretlab chair from 3 to 5 years when you join our Extended Warranty Program. Purchase the additional 2 years for US$50, or get it for FREE. Simply share a public post of your Secretlab 2020 Series or Secretlab TITAN Evo 2022 chair with us."

Source: The email I got from them 10 days after my order got shipped.

Back
Top Bottom