• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Thinking about downgrading my 980Ti...

Associate
Hi,

Bit of background info: I've got a Strix 980Ti, however over the past few weeks I've started to realise I don't really use it - Maybe 10 hours a week, if that. The only games I play are Assetto Corsa, F1 2015, DiRT Rally, and Just Cause 3/Tomb Raider will be two I play when they come out. However, I game at 3440x1440, so my options are slightly limited.

Would it be worth selling it on, getting something a bit cheaper (GTX 970/maybe 980 if I can get a decent second hand EVGA one), or should I just keep it?

Any suggestions are welcome, thanks!

Associate
OP
Keep it. Unless you have a crack/ whore addiction that needs immediate cash, why fret about it?

Probably because I end up selling parts a lot, and since I don't really use it, it feels like a waste - At the time of purchasing I was into gaming, but not so much now.

It seem(s/ed) like a rational thought at the time of posting this thread. :eek:

Soldato
Hi,

Bit of background info: I've got a Strix 980Ti, however over the past few weeks I've started to realise I don't really use it - Maybe 10 hours a week, if that. The only games I play are Assetto Corsa, F1 2015, DiRT Rally, and Just Cause 3/Tomb Raider will be two I play when they come out. However, I game at 3440x1440, so my options are slightly limited.

Would it be worth selling it on, getting something a bit cheaper (GTX 970/maybe 980 if I can get a decent second hand EVGA one), or should I just keep it?

Any suggestions are welcome, thanks!

Youre options are very limited. 970 isnt an option at 3440x1440, imo. 980 isnt much better.

Keep it. or give it to me.

Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
Ive got 2x Furys, and i game way less than that a week, i sometimes go months without touching a game :eek: :D
I'm at the other end of the stick, gamed around 250+ hours in the last 6 weeks on my 5 year old 2500K's HD3000 iGPU, tight I know. :(

Soldato
I sold mine last month after finishing MGS V. Realised that I was barely using it and thought that I might as well get £400 back now rather than £200 when Pascal hits. Replaced it with one of the cheap 780s that OCUK were selling off and am finding that it's more than meeting my needs (got right back into Mass Effect 3 multiplayer again lately, which barely tickles a 780).

Soldato
I did the same for the same reasons, only I've gone from a 980 to 780, but I haven't even had time to install the 780 and try it which shows exactly why I sold the 980 to begin with.

Soldato
Keep it.

You will get, maybe £425-£475 from the sale then remove a 970 from that which will struggle at your resolution very soon, if not now on some of the games you play.

What about the future also? the TI will last a lot longer than a 970/780.

Associate
OP
Keep it.

You will get, maybe £425-£475 from the sale then remove a 970 from that which will struggle at your resolution very soon, if not now on some of the games you play.

What about the future also? the TI will last a lot longer than a 970/780.

I've had an offer above £500 which is why I'm considering it. I'm considering it now because I don't game much *now*, but if I end up doing more by the time Pascal comes out, then so be it.. Just feels a bit of a waste for the mean time :p

& thanks Tele :)

Caporegime
Im on a 980ti which in the time ive owned it has been used for at most 3 hours for gaming, new system build, dead hard drive and issues with a gsync monitor i bought. Would i get rid of it, not a chace tbh. Brilliant card for 1920x1200 and way over the top for 1680x1050 which im relegated to now, (see gsync rog swift issue). It runs cool, quiet, and a nice wee boost over the 3gb sli 780 setup i had on a Z87 setup. Once the swift issue is sorted ill be glad to be able to run 2560x1440.

Back
Top Bottom