Thinking of an upgrade to replace the bulk

Man of Honour
I fancy a bit of an upgrade, at the same time if possible, to replace with something as good quality wise, but with less bulk. I'm not sure how feasible this is however, with my non-existent budget. But I'm going to go second hand, with a trade in, which should help. So, to the gurus in this forum, can you make some recommendations that won't break the bank.

My existing kit is as follows:-

Nikon D7000
Nikon AF-S 35mm 1.8G
Nikon Speedlight SB-910
Tokina 12-24 F4 DXII
Nikon AF-S 16-85 ED
Hoya Pro1 67mm CPL
Generic 52mm CPL
Lowepro carry case.

I'm prepared to trade all this in, if necessary.

Man of Honour
OP
Thanks for the advice. I have big hands so smaller buttons can irk somewhat. But I'm not against the idea. I need to do some research on these then - when you say they have a lens system comparable, presumably they have separate, smaller lenses? I like portrait and landscape photography so I'd need something to suit. Obviously my major issue is budget so I need to be careful.

Man of Honour
OP
Well I have my money so I've got some cash to reinvest. I really like the look of the Olympus e m5 mII but I'd want a good prime portrait lens and it's just too much money.

I'm having a dilemma. I've got a holiday in a couple of weeks and I want something for then - I am sorely tempted to buy something like a canon G5 or perhaps something all in one that's even cheaper and make do. I would cut away the bulk and that's the primary goal with two young kids in tow. I just don't want to be majorly disappointed after the D7000.

Man of Honour
OP
Thanks Ash, but I feel that is too big, and would put me in the same boat as I was in earlier. I've sort of narrowed it down to two smaller cameras. What do you think of either of these? Admittedly the Fuji XT-10 and X-T1 look great but with lenses they are out of reach for me, so I've ruled them out.

The first is the
Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II

The second is the
Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TZ100EB

Both are fairly comparable, both are small but powerful. I've owned both a Canon and a Panasonic before but I'm swaying towards the Lumix here. I'm not sure why, both are rated very highly on Dpreview.

Back
Top Bottom