Thinking of picking up Sony a6000

Soldato
Hi all,

I'm looking at replacing my Nikon d5100 with a Sony a6000.

There's a few reasons. 1. I do a little bit of streaming and am looking to make a few videos which the Nikon is not ideal for. I've pretty much stopped taking my Nikon out on days out because with the camera and lenses it's just too cumbersome. the a6000 can more or less fit in my pocket.

Now, my absolute favourite lens for my nikon is my Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G (I mostly take pictures of people). Is there a semi affordable lens that I could get for the Sony that is equivalent? I was looking at the 50mm which I know will not be the same focal range but would be hoping for similar results.

My last question is - is the a6000 still a good buy? I know it's pretty old now but if I also want to pick up a portrait lens I wouldn't want to spend too much more unless it made a massive difference. Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks all!

Soldato
OP
Although in saying that, I have been really struggling with overexposed sky. I seem to have a choice, properly exposed sky or properly exposed subject (I know things a trickier at the moment with cloudy skies). I'm not sure I remember having the same issue with my old camera.

Back
Top Bottom