This cost seem OK for bike licence?

Soldato
Hi all I've decided I want to do my bike licence and have been quoted this. Does this seem like a good price? Will be using all their kit and bikes.
  • CBT & Mod 1 training £200
  • Mod 1 warm up then ride to test £115 + £15.50 test fee
  • Mod 2 training full day £245 covering difficult areas and most test routes.
  • Mod 2 warm up & test £70 + £75 test fee
Total £720.

Soldato
OP
I did my CBT back when I was 16 (34 now) and had a 50cc moped for a year and I also had a few motorcross bikes in my teens so understand how to ride a manual bike but I've not ridden anything in about 15 years.

Will give another place a call tomorrow for a second quote.

Soldato
OP
So bit of an update I've booked in at a different place for the following:

CBT £110
Conversion to larger bike £54
Mod 1 training £90
Mod one warm up and time for test £90
Test cost £15

Total from CBT to mod 1 complete £357 (includes 10% military discount)

Don't have time to do mod 2 this month I don't think but will be a good start.

Soldato
OP
Thanks all, CBT is in the morning and took your advice and picked up a nice helmet and gloves today. Just sat wearing the helmet watching TV trying to break it in a little bit as it's a little on the tight side but was advised by the shop that's better than a little too big. I think I'm in between a medium and a large.

Soldato
OP
Did my big bike conversion and mod 1 training today. For some reason I was going around a tight bend a little fast and thinking about the next manouver I had to do, pulled the front brake on to slow down. Let's just say it didn't go to well and I ended up on my ass. Main thing is I didn't scratch my helmet and I've learnt not to use the front brake mid corner. ☺️

Soldato
OP
Final update.

Passed my Mod 1 last week and Mod 2 today both with zero minors which I was chuffed with.

Judging my own ride today I felt I made a few mistakes but the guy doing the test seemed to disagree.

Now it's all complete I have to admit it was all not as hard as I expected. I thought it would be a lot more difficult than a car test for some reason due to what you could ride after but it was pretty similar.

Would recommend anyone who's considering it and has a bit of spare cash to give it a go.

Back
Top Bottom