This is ridiculous, what should i do?

Associate
Hey guys,

My upgrade was due today (am on orange) and was particularly interested in the HTC Touch HD, so naturally i asked about an upgrade price for this phone.

Now i understand that the HD is one of the most expensive phones about and expected to pay a little for it, but to my horror they quoted me £293!!!
So the conversation went something like the following:

Me: "but isn't this phone free on a £35pm contract?"
Orange: “yes it is”

Me: "well if i were to buy out my current contract (3 months left on £25pm) and then get this phone, can i not just do that?"
Orange: "yeah but there is a cancellation fee of £60"

Me: "so i would be saving over £150 by cancelling my current contract and starting a new one?"
Orange: "yes but you would lose your loyalty points you have built up etc etc"

Decided to end the conversation shortly after, obviously these 'loyalty' points have done **** all for my upgrade, so what exactly have i built up over the past year? What’s the use?

It just seems daft that when asked, they couldn’t offer a solution to the situation, i even mentioned upping my tariff to make the phone cheaper.
She even went on about how they have lost customers because of this, and how their upgrading system works, was like she wasn’t buying her own pitch at times, and didnt really put me in a spot of confidence.

So question is, what to do?

Cheers,

Andy

Back
Top Bottom