This is why we don't allow medical threads

Caporegime
OP
wait a minute was the original mark on her nose actually confirmed as cancerous by a proper medical person? and she just wanted to save money rather than having surgery to chop it off.

or was she just genuinely some Christian nutter?

It was professionally diagnosed, yes. She turned down conventional medical care, preferring to "go the natural route, after much research on the web".

Caporegime
[FnG]magnolia;25617984 said:
It was professionally diagnosed, yes. She turned down conventional medical care, preferring to "go the natural route, after much research on the web".

it's america though where most peoples can't afford healthcare.

I doubt anyone in the UK would be stoopid enough to mess about with that stuff.

Caporegime
OP
it's america though where most peoples can't afford healthcare.

I doubt anyone in the UK would be stoopid enough to mess about with that stuff.

She paid for the reconstruction surgery through her health insurance. The same health insurance which would have paid for the initial, professional treatment of the BCC which she chose not to progress with.

You'll note that there are a number of nationalities posting in her thread, not just Americans.

Soldato
That's actually started to make me feel sick. At one point she was saying that it had dissolved the skin right down to the nasal passage and that if she clogs up her nostrils she can still breath through the new gaps :|

Soldato
clearly a moron.

Constantly doubting diagnosis by trained medical professionals? Why not have a go yourself!

If you've got to the stage where you're thinking 'is it supposed to look like that' you've probably gone too far.

And the worst thing is there's loads of these morons having a go at it and looking all unhappy with their rotting faces.

Dog bless OCUK's no medical threads policy!

Caporegime
[FnG]magnolia;25618055 said:
She paid for the reconstruction surgery through her health insurance. The same health insurance which would have paid for the initial, professional treatment of the BCC which she chose not to progress with.

You'll note that there are a number of nationalities posting in her thread, not just Americans.

a bit off that the insurance company has to fork out for surgery for something she did to herself after turning down the treatment she was offered initially

Caporegime
Yeah but it looked like the woman needed plastic surgery afterwards?

she posted saying she would have needed it cut and flattened anyway and then re-constructive surgery after.

she opted to dry and do it her self with the salve, I'm assuming to save money.

I'd imagine their medical expenses go up just like our car insurance does after a claim

Soldato
There's a reason you need to see a doctor in person and also a reason why places like the Federal Drugs Administration are worked to the brim - phoney cures prey on weakness and vulnerability (and even religious beliefs), and forums allow the base for such manipulation to occur.

Advice on the internet regarding health should always be 'key warning signs' closely followed by 'Go see a Doctor'. Nothing else should occur.
Herbal treatments are sometimes dangerous (if they have any actual physical effect at all), otherwise they are purely placebo and offer a partial psychology glimmer of hope/respite, only if the patient is fully psyched to know what to expect.

Back
Top Bottom